Favorite HOT Sauce?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one’s mentioned Texas Pete yet. Mild but with good flavor.

View attachment 2934
Texas Pete, made here in Winston-Salem! Not much for 'hot' hot sauce, but I did start using the milder forms when in New Orleans, favoring New Orleans native Crystal (made in New Orleans near the corner of Airline/Tulane & Carrolton, a bit behind the old Rock-n-Bowl until Katrina!).

Just had a bowl of left over Red Curry on white rice. It nukes up quite well. This time I doused it with a Marie Sharp’s Mango Habanero Pepper Sauce. Very, very nice. Mostly flavor with light to moderate heat. A beautiful match.

F8E30FCF-57CD-43B6-A838-907E07E7F5DA.jpeg

Another exciting lunch of Asian leftovers….Pad Thai noodles with chicken. We’re REALLY lucky to have an authentic Thai place pretty close (10 min.) that uses all the right ingredients done the proper way. If we get dinner we always get Salad Rolls (prawn) and enough dishes so that we have half left over. One of the greatest things about a microwave oven is how well it does with leftover rice or noodles. It turns it from a lump of congealed starch to perfectly fluffy rice or noodles.

Anyway, I doctored the bowl of Pad Thai with a goodly dose of Tiger Sauce. What a classic. A little heat with great sweet flavor. It compliments the peanut and lime in the noodles really well.

8DE34612-BC15-43BD-A3ED-7F4FD1C69D35.jpeg

WOOHOOO!!!

We know that Amazon prices are set by vendors and can jump all over the place. Here’s a heads up…act quickly…
Sort of true but not quite. Vendors set their prices and Amazon has them add something like 15% for Amazon. And then Amazon may charge an outrageous amount for shipping even if you have a Prime account leading you to believe the vendor is charging the shipping.

I've seen items on Amazon that were actually sold by the vendor and shipped by the vendor. Then I went to the vendor website, saved on the price of the item, and got free shipping. Saved about $17 on a $30 item by going straight to the vendor website.

If you have Prime first price the item on Amazon before logging in then log in and check the price again. Don't be surprised if the price of the item jumps up after you log in to your Prime account. Free shipping isn't always free when it comes to Amazon Prime.

Two new ones.

Seed Ranch - Umami RESERVE (Hot) - Chocolate Habanero - Organic Savory Hot Sauce​

It’s Umami - handmade with a chocolate habanero pepper, dried olives, porcini mushrooms, capers, and wild kelp fronds, to create a hot, rich heat. Very unique. Had it on my pizza tonight and it was wonderful.

Seed Ranch - Truffle Hound (Medium Heat) - Truffle Hot Sauce​

Truffle Hound is a delicious, gourmet sauce featuring a blend of summer truffles, organic chili de arbol and ghost pepper. This sauce has the decadent, rich truffle taste and smooth sweetness of dates.

34081270-6DFE-4942-8C85-BF4FBEFF43B9.jpeg

07B6A70F-4BDC-4E93-8AEC-91A264BBCE64.jpeg

I'm a fan of the Cholula smoky chipotle and the El Yucateco sauces if I'm after something with real heat. The green one they do is pretty darn hot, had a bottle that lasted me over a decade. It was used sparingly.

There's an Aussie brand Byron Bay Chilli company, which does a nice hot sauce with mango. In fact all their hot sauces I've tried have been good and hot and flavoursome.