Favorite hot sauces?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the variations of Cholulah, the green and chipotle Tobasco rock too. Various oriental hot sauces and oils, but my keyboard doesn't have the characters to type the names....

arkansaspiper":xuzaz7s9 said:
Are yall just posting g pics of hot sauce or have yall had them just asking
Yes of course I've had all the ones I've posted pics of, and a great many more. I'm sure the others here can say the same.

Cheers,

RR

Love the Yucateco sauces too, great flavour and heat not like some "chilli" sauces that are just vinegar, red colouring and a ton of capsaicin.

If you guys ever get to Australia you've got to try the output of two of our hot sauce manufacturers. One is Byron Bay chilli which does awesome sauces, my favourite is the mango chilli sauce, nice and sweet with a good zing. The other is the Morrisett chilli factory who have a huge range of hot sauces. They score the heat 10 out of 10, if it says 11 or higher you'll see through time. They've an asian style sweet chilli sauce called Dragons Blood which lives up to its name, I've had a bottle of it in my fridge for almost a decade I use it that sparingly.

Cheers

Tim

My son asked me to make him a batch of my Jalapeño hot sauce over the summer. He affectionately calls it Dragon Snot.

huffelpuff":ntq456df said:
My son asked me to make him a batch of my Jalapeño hot sauce over the summer. He affectionately calls it Dragon Snot.

Impossible to tell anything from that pic Jim. Can you tell us anything about it?

:?:

Cheers,

RR

It's about 5 lbs of Jalapeños, a pound of Poblano a large yellow onion and 2-3 heads of garlic lactofermented for a month then filtered blended and bottled. Fairly hot but not overwhelming at all. The real shame is that only ends up making about a quart.

huffelpuff":jcdfldqa said:
It's about 5 lbs of Jalapeños, a pound of Poblano a large yellow onion and 2-3 heads of garlic lactofermented for a month then filtered blended and bottled. Fairly hot but not overwhelming at all. The real shame is that only ends up making about a quart.
Sounds intriguing Jim. Including and especially the lactofermented part!

Cheers,

RR

Very smoky and delicious. Very hot but the flavor is extremely good rather than just being a scalding-hot pile of pain that I've experienced in other ultra hot hot sauces.

maddog357-pure.gif

Brewdude":7g9foise said:
huffelpuff":7g9foise said:
Sounds intriguing Jim. Including and especially the lactofermented part!

Cheers,

RR
huffelpuff":7g9foise said:
It's fun and the results are quite tasty too.
I'll be looking for the components Jim, and will lyk how I get on. Frankly I've wanted to find a hot sauce that doesn't have a lot of sodium since I'm hypertensive (HBP), and this might just be a way forward.

Cheers,

RR

Rande, there's nothing like having the reins. As a fellow hypertensive I understand all to well just how much sodium a hot sauce can pack. If you go the lower sodium route I'd advise using vinegar just as preservative if nothing else.

Zombie thread.

I really enjoy the green El Yucateca Habanero sauce. I regularly eat homemade pressure cooked beans and a poached egg with cilantro in the morning for breakfast, and this sauce is a perfect compliment, adding just enough spice to get me kick started. No ridiculous spiciness, just good heat with lots of pepper flavor. Good stuff.

Tried Huy Fong Chili Garlic sauce a few months ago with my 3 fresh bean and dirty rice dish....outstanding!!

KEEP ON EATING FRESH

Currently working through 3 bottles of NOH Hawaiian Hot Sauce. The heat is a nice burn with lots of savory and sweet. It has combu in it which makes it much more interesting than just hot.

Jim

Here are a couple new ones I was just acquainted with-

Wimp_Retardant_website_large.jpg

OJ-Pain-95__49222.1475791365.jpg

Of the two, the Wimp Retardant is clearly the hotter. Yet it does have great flavor. Just have to be light on the amounts or it will kick yer azz!  :shock:

Love the pain 95% a bit more. Less on the hot but more savoury.

And like D&B, the El Yucateco series is a clear favourite. Especially the greens.

Cheers,

RR

The El Yucateco is hard to beat especially in its price range. I'm also quite fond of the Bufalo Chipotle not super hot but is soooo smoky good. Pretty sure its made by Herdez and well worth the buck to have on hand.

Rande you are a far braver man than I. Enjoy those super hots lol.
Jim

huffelpuff":wgkrs2xt said:
The El Yucateco is hard to beat especially in its price range. I'm also quite fond of the Bufalo Chipotle not super hot but is soooo smoky good. Pretty sure its made by Herdez and well worth the buck to have on hand.

Rande you are a far braver man than I. Enjoy those super hots lol.
Jim
Jim, they come from the same outfit that makes these which I also enjoy-

shopping

Batch%20114%20Jamaican%20Style%20HS_F02020027_LG.JPG

Batch%2037%20Garlic%20Style%20HS_F02020026_LG.JPG

:cherry:

Cheers,

RR

gnossos":qhdor907 said:
Very smoky and delicious.  Very hot but the flavor is extremely good rather than just being a scalding-hot pile of pain that I've experienced in other ultra hot hot sauces.

maddog357-pure.gif

I was trying to see what the Scoville units were...looks like 150,000-160,000. That's about the upper limit for me as far as pouring directly on food. It sounds interesting and I'll be looking around for it. Mad Dog makes some very painful stuff!