Favorite Pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight Blues

Reaction score
Just cleaning my pipes' and started thinking about which would be the chosen one. After some thought and reflection I decided on my newly acquired Castello #55. I got from Mike at Briar Blues Mike's a great guy and a pleasure to do business with.
Anyone else have a favorite?

glp32a.jpg

My favorite is LLs collection of bent billiards.

Oh No! Here comes a pic.

:king: tj

You ever want to get rid of that Castello, let me know will you.

Anyway, my current favorite is this wonderful smallish Ruthenberg. But don't let the overall size fool you, under 5", it's got a good size bowl and smokes very cool.

0417c11.jpg

Very tough choice, but I'd have to say this Castello "Castello" liverpool with the silver kick stand. A very sweet pipe, very close to pipe perfection to me.

Darling :heart:

I can show my soft side, big as I am nobodied dare laugh at me :evil: :p

Cept my wife :|

i have been thinking about my answer for this and just can't do it, it is a tough question. so i am going to say my favorite one is always the newest one, until i get the next one lol.

Chucks got it... You can always tell what brand I got last, Its always my new favorite brand. Well cept when I got that Dunnie. :twisted:

PB,

You should super glue a Dunhill to the hood of your truck. You need a sense of direction.

tj

Emots are still kapoot!

well, as a newbie, I only have 6 pipes with a Savinelli Standing 624 KS on the way ( I am excited about that one..) so I am "limited" to say the least.

I'd have to say my Comoy Meer has been helping me with moisture/relight issues while I am on the learning curve. My Savinelli 601 seems to smoke the best right now, cool and dry.

However, I am waiting to recieve my Peterson 80s ( my wife won't let me smoke it til christmas ;) )....Can I have a favorite if it hasn't been proven in battle yet? If so, I think I have high expectations of this 80S.

I suppose my favorite is my Rad Davis smooth billiard. It's an easy group 5 in size... just up TJ's alley.

:heart:

:geek: , you are intuitive. Spect big things from you. Group 5 straight billybazookas are smokin machines.

Yours is bootyful.

:king: tj

Really three pipes these days are just the 'go-to' for the taste and the quality of the smoke: a Grp4 Gefapip which can be smoked hard, a smallish apple meer, and a new Stevenson apple that handles multiple smoking exceptionally well. I'm convinced, BTW, that Stevenson will carve (no pun) a niche for mid range pipes. His are very affordable and decently constructed.

For sentimental reasons, a Savinelli Alligator that my mother gave me for Christmas last year is fav 1a. Fav 1b, for smoking purposes, is a Sav bent Dublin I purchased as my 3rd pipe which seems to have the uncanny knack of providing a wonderful smoke no matter what I put in it. Coffee grounds excepted.

Midnight Blues":pdw2rata said:
Just cleaning my pipes' and started thinking about which would be the chosen one.
Someone always has to go and ask this question! It is just not a fair question!

My most favorite all around pipe would have to be my giant Brissett Horn.

BrissettHorn.jpg

Approximately 7 5/8" (length) x 2 3/4" (height) x 2 1/4" o.d. with a 1" tobacco chamber.

Justpipes":3zc04nc4 said:
Midnight Blues":3zc04nc4 said:
Just cleaning my pipes' and started thinking about which would be the chosen one.
Someone always has to go and ask this question! It is just not a fair question!

My most favorite all around pipe would have to be my giant Brissett Horn.

BrissettHorn.jpg

Approximately 7 5/8" (length) x 2 3/4" (height) x 2 1/4" o.d. with a 1" tobacco chamber.
My God, man, how do you hold that pipe? How can you afford to fill it? This could become an EPA certified secondary emissions' source. :darklord:

BTW, a beautifully crafted briar, for the record.

morleysson":tq955fnt said:
My God, man, how do you hold that pipe? How can you afford to fill it? This could become an EPA certified secondary emissions' source. :darklord:

BTW, a beautifully crafted briar, for the record.
Believe it or not that pipe is extremely light for it's size and because of the proportionate execution of the stem and balance of the pipe it can be clinched for short periods of time. As for filling it, when I carry that pipe with me one filling is good for most of the day. :D And yes it can fill a room with smoke very quickly. :) Last but not least the pipe is a delight to hold and look at. The best executed pipe carving that I have ever had the pleasure to hold and smoke.