Quantcast

Favorite pipes

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

jeffrey

Reaction score
Ok, here's the question. Stuck on a desert island, what three pipes that are currently in your collection would you want with you? Furthermore, what one tobacco would you pack it with? Figured it would be a good topic to get to know everyone hear. Honestly I have to put a little thought into this one myself and will answer soon.

Aaron

Reaction score
jeffrey":k8bdzbbz said:
Ok, here's the question. Stuck on a desert island, what three pipes that are currently in your collection would you want with you? Furthermore, what one tobacco would you pack it with? Figured it would be a good topic to get to know everyone hear. Honestly I have to put a little thought into this one myself and will answer soon.
I would bring my meerschaum, my only peterson and the first pipe I ever owned.

And at this point I would probably bring petersons special reserve 2008... that is until I find something I like more. :D

KRG

Reaction score
I would bring my Nording 1999 Quail, a Peterson billiard, and a Parker prince.

As for baccy, I'd need about 10 lbs. of MacBaren #1.

Hiram

Reaction score
A Cob and some Carter Hall and I'd be a happy castaway.

Justpipes

Reaction score
WOW! The tobacco is easy! John Middleton Walnut.

Pipes: Mike Brisset Bent billiard/egg, Dunhill 5102 Shell Briar, Rinaldo Lythos YYY Titania.

jeffrey

Reaction score
Great call on the Dunhill. My three would be a Dunhill 5106 Ring Grain (one that I save for special occasions), a Peterson Sterling 260 with a P lip, and some old Algerian briar made in Denmark (I think). It is from the 50's and I got it from my uncles collection after he passed some 25 years ago. Not much to look at with the bit being worn smooth almost but what a great smoke. As far as the filler it would have to be a blend from my local tobacconist called "Haymarket" I think that this combo of pipes and baccy would make me pretty happy.

Mikem

Reaction score
Pipes: Mike Brissett Churchwarden Poker and a Rhodesian he created for me. The third would probably be my Dale Hopper (hollywood) Poker. What ever happened to hollywood. Haven't seen him post in ages?

Tobacco: Would be a toss up between Ulhles blend 71 and Peter Stokkebye's Proper English.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
Council Member
Reaction score
A very interesting Ruthenberg Danish apple. A John Crosby sandblast, I think he called it "Carvaro" (sp). A Rad Davis #55 Castello shape. GLP Renaissance.

adauria

Reaction score
Interesting question...

I too would definitely bring my meerschaum (CAO Bulldog). Then I'd pick 2 work horses from the rotation... Maybe my Peterson Rocky Donegal (rusticated bulldog) and my Bjarne Viking (something like a Dublin).

-Andrew

A

Anonymous

I would bring the ones tha get the most use

Savinelli 811

a french made Mastercraft from the 40's or 50's

a GBD prehistoric from the 60's

Prince Albert to keep them filled

jeffrey

Reaction score
Justpipes,

How do you enjoy your Dunhill 5102? I am currently looking at a 3102 cumberland and not sure if I should pull the trigger or not.

regor

Reaction score
I sure have several that I would take with me. The low end is a Stanwell that I paid $25 a few years ago. One of the best smokers I have. The others are a Roush, 2 Hawkbill - Lee von erck and a Radice, a Sav. Canadian,a Bosi, and few more after that. Even tho most aren't very expensive I still feel very lucky :lol!: :sunny: :sunny:

ftrplt

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Damn!!!! I hate these type questions!!! OK...Here goes! My Wolf's Head meer, Ser Jacapo R2 Billiard (big DH 6+), and Caminetto (gold moustache) rusticated bent. Tobacco.....Balkan Sobranie!! FTRPLT

pipetongue1

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Even'All, My Ardor Xmas '03 Vergen with Holly & berries. Dunnie #622, Tim Hynick POY for SHPC, Bosun Cut Plug, I forgot Mike Brissett"s Druid's Pipe, Ken :roll: :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Northeast Kingdom! :tongue:

BubbaL002

Reaction score
As for pipes I'd go with my calich bent egg, nording signature, and a Cob

Tobacco is a toss up between Dunhill A2000 or a whole lot of university flake.

Trout Bum

Reaction score
Oh boy, let's see here... I would bring a 2001 Nording Hunter ("Mallard," rusticated), a Rinaldo 1/8 bent rusticated egg (finest rustication I have yet to come across, by the way...), and a super sweet little Pete, a Deluxe Classic, number 221. As for the tobacco... I guess it would have to be Stokkebye's Luxury Twist Flake. Plus, I would bring some good books, several kegs of Black Butte Porter, as well as several jugs of single barrell bourbon, preferably Booker's. Maybe include a leather Lazy Boy and a generator that cools a freezer full of quality steaks (filets and porterhouses), Alaskan salmon and halibut, plus maybe some pork tenderloins and some baby back ribs. I should also include a full size Weber grill, plenty of charcoal, and mesquite wood chips. A box of quality herbs and spices, and maybe a supply of wild rice and new potatoes. As well as a crisper full of fresh veggies, and perhaps some pickled preserves, such as pickles, asparagus, and artichoke hearts. Also, a small cd player, with plenty of batteries, and a collection of jazz, classic rock, and blues. What the hell, throw some Mozart in as well. Ya, that should about do it.

mark

Broken Pipe
Staff member
Reaction score
Trout Bum, I believe you know how to make the best of a bad situation !!!

vaperfavour

Reaction score
hmmm my eltang 3 knuckle moby dick, my eltang billiard and my meer calabash. tobacco wise some pcca beaon, some ba # 1o and my new fav, pcca tudor castle arcade, oh a couple of supermodels will do nicely as well!

eggman

Reaction score
I guess my choices would be: My 2004 stokers meer pipe, Jobert olive wood bent and a old Grabow 3/4 bent that I sanded the mega thick finish off of and drilled out airways. The tobacco would have to 965.