Favorite pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffrey

Reaction score
Ok, here's the question. Stuck on a desert island, what three pipes that are currently in your collection would you want with you? Furthermore, what one tobacco would you pack it with? Figured it would be a good topic to get to know everyone hear. Honestly I have to put a little thought into this one myself and will answer soon.

jeffrey":k8bdzbbz said:
Ok, here's the question. Stuck on a desert island, what three pipes that are currently in your collection would you want with you? Furthermore, what one tobacco would you pack it with? Figured it would be a good topic to get to know everyone hear. Honestly I have to put a little thought into this one myself and will answer soon.
I would bring my meerschaum, my only peterson and the first pipe I ever owned.

And at this point I would probably bring petersons special reserve 2008... that is until I find something I like more. :D

I would bring my Nording 1999 Quail, a Peterson billiard, and a Parker prince.

As for baccy, I'd need about 10 lbs. of MacBaren #1.

A Cob and some Carter Hall and I'd be a happy castaway.

WOW! The tobacco is easy! John Middleton Walnut.

Pipes: Mike Brisset Bent billiard/egg, Dunhill 5102 Shell Briar, Rinaldo Lythos YYY Titania.

Great call on the Dunhill. My three would be a Dunhill 5106 Ring Grain (one that I save for special occasions), a Peterson Sterling 260 with a P lip, and some old Algerian briar made in Denmark (I think). It is from the 50's and I got it from my uncles collection after he passed some 25 years ago. Not much to look at with the bit being worn smooth almost but what a great smoke. As far as the filler it would have to be a blend from my local tobacconist called "Haymarket" I think that this combo of pipes and baccy would make me pretty happy.

Pipes: Mike Brissett Churchwarden Poker and a Rhodesian he created for me. The third would probably be my Dale Hopper (hollywood) Poker. What ever happened to hollywood. Haven't seen him post in ages?

Tobacco: Would be a toss up between Ulhles blend 71 and Peter Stokkebye's Proper English.

A very interesting Ruthenberg Danish apple. A John Crosby sandblast, I think he called it "Carvaro" (sp). A Rad Davis #55 Castello shape. GLP Renaissance.

Interesting question...

I too would definitely bring my meerschaum (CAO Bulldog). Then I'd pick 2 work horses from the rotation... Maybe my Peterson Rocky Donegal (rusticated bulldog) and my Bjarne Viking (something like a Dublin).

-Andrew

I would bring the ones tha get the most use

Savinelli 811

a french made Mastercraft from the 40's or 50's

a GBD prehistoric from the 60's

Prince Albert to keep them filled

Justpipes,

How do you enjoy your Dunhill 5102? I am currently looking at a 3102 cumberland and not sure if I should pull the trigger or not.

I sure have several that I would take with me. The low end is a Stanwell that I paid $25 a few years ago. One of the best smokers I have. The others are a Roush, 2 Hawkbill - Lee von erck and a Radice, a Sav. Canadian,a Bosi, and few more after that. Even tho most aren't very expensive I still feel very lucky :lol!: :sunny: :sunny:

Damn!!!! I hate these type questions!!! OK...Here goes! My Wolf's Head meer, Ser Jacapo R2 Billiard (big DH 6+), and Caminetto (gold moustache) rusticated bent. Tobacco.....Balkan Sobranie!! FTRPLT

Even'All, My Ardor Xmas '03 Vergen with Holly & berries. Dunnie #622, Tim Hynick POY for SHPC, Bosun Cut Plug, I forgot Mike Brissett"s Druid's Pipe, Ken :roll: :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Northeast Kingdom! :tongue:

As for pipes I'd go with my calich bent egg, nording signature, and a Cob

Tobacco is a toss up between Dunhill A2000 or a whole lot of university flake.

Oh boy, let's see here... I would bring a 2001 Nording Hunter ("Mallard," rusticated), a Rinaldo 1/8 bent rusticated egg (finest rustication I have yet to come across, by the way...), and a super sweet little Pete, a Deluxe Classic, number 221. As for the tobacco... I guess it would have to be Stokkebye's Luxury Twist Flake. Plus, I would bring some good books, several kegs of Black Butte Porter, as well as several jugs of single barrell bourbon, preferably Booker's. Maybe include a leather Lazy Boy and a generator that cools a freezer full of quality steaks (filets and porterhouses), Alaskan salmon and halibut, plus maybe some pork tenderloins and some baby back ribs. I should also include a full size Weber grill, plenty of charcoal, and mesquite wood chips. A box of quality herbs and spices, and maybe a supply of wild rice and new potatoes. As well as a crisper full of fresh veggies, and perhaps some pickled preserves, such as pickles, asparagus, and artichoke hearts. Also, a small cd player, with plenty of batteries, and a collection of jazz, classic rock, and blues. What the hell, throw some Mozart in as well. Ya, that should about do it.

Trout Bum, I believe you know how to make the best of a bad situation !!!

hmmm my eltang 3 knuckle moby dick, my eltang billiard and my meer calabash. tobacco wise some pcca beaon, some ba # 1o and my new fav, pcca tudor castle arcade, oh a couple of supermodels will do nicely as well!

I guess my choices would be: My 2004 stokers meer pipe, Jobert olive wood bent and a old Grabow 3/4 bent that I sanded the mega thick finish off of and drilled out airways. The tobacco would have to 965.