Favorite pretzels

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D.L.Ruth

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I am a sucker for pretzels, probably one of my favorite snacks. So for those of you who enjoy them what is your favorite brand and or style? I have always been partial to Snyder's Sourdough, not the little nuggets but the full pretzels and also fresh baked soft pretzels.

Generally make soft pretzels a few times a year. Almost always during the fall or winter. As far as commercial pretzels. Having lived in Pennsylvania for a number of years I'm partial to Snyder's but haven't gotten any for a number of years now.

Jim

I like the Snyder's butter pretzel square or a fresh pretzel with either mustard or cheese. Mmm, now I'm hungry.

I like almost any of ‘em. Especially the Snyder’s Sourdough ones and the little nuggets filled with peanut butter...Kirkland is as good as any. My wife loves the Rolf Gold mustard pretzels. My daughter has a soft spot for the fresh baked soft ones she gets at “the mall”.

So many pretzels...so little time.

I not a big fan of the hard crunchy pretzels. But they’re a lot better if you’re drinking beer and eating them. Now I really like the soft German pretzels with a good mustard. Salted is a must too. But won’t turn down a unsalted pretzel if I’m offered one or that’s all there is.

We used to have a fair back home and this one pretzel cart would make them fresh and then slather them in butter when they came out of the oven, probably the best I've ever had

I dont eat a lot of pretzels, but I love soft pretzels pretzel hamburger buns. I just cannot find them around here, and my attempts at making my own have been less than successful.

Corncobcon":u11eijt4 said:
Used to have Snyder's all the time, but can't find them here.  Now I get Utz Sourdough Specials at Walmart!
I keep meaning to grab one of those tubs of the Utz but end up grabbing Snyder's instead because they are right there lol

Conrad, go to Walmart.com if Walmart carries them anywhere in the country they will ship them to your store for free to be picked up. I generally get hard to find English teas shipped to my store. Its a great way to save the hassle of Amazon and not have to pay for shipping.

Jim