Favorite summer drink?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeyTweed

Reaction score
I just learned how to mix a long island ice tea from scratch gentlemen and its delicious!

the recipe i learned is this:
3/4 oz white rum
3/4 oz tequila
3/4 oz gin
3/4 oz vodka
3/4 oz cointreau
1oz orange juice
1oz lemon juice
3oz cola

pour all ingredients into a tom collins glass filled with ice minus the cola(save that for last), then add the cola and add a lemon wedge
gentlemen this is my all time favorite summer drink!

Gin. Tonic. Ice. Lime. Summer.

(But I do have some very fond memories of drinking LI ice teas "Coca-Colas" from an innocent-looking 2L Coke bottle on the subway to Coney Island.)

Dark and Stormy

Pusser Rum,Lime slice,few shakes of Bitters and Ginger Beer

Don't know the name for it but it consists of a jigger of Seagram's Blackberry Vodka and Simply Lemonade on ice. Another summertime favorite is called a Hemingway Daiquiri made with grapefruit juice, a jigger of Myer's Dark rum over crushed ice in a tin cup with a splashes of lemon and lime juice.

Jim

I love Jeremiah Weed or Firefly Sweet Tea (liquor) mixed with lemonade. It's my favorite.

My wife makes a killer margarita, coming in a close 2nd place.

Been drinking some "shine" with lemonaide this summer. Pretty tastey! :)

1) Gin & Tonics w/ lime made with Hendricks Gin. For a little twist, I like to float St. Germain on top. NICE! :D
2) Fresh Mojitos are also very nice on a hot day.........

Summer is tough around here. So many "likes and enjoys" to pick just one!! We both enjoy good brew. I'm a lager, Pilsner, pale ale kind-of-guy in the summer; she prefers dark ales, porters, and stouts. On the spirits side, Mojitos, Caihapirinhas, G&Ts, rum & tonics, Dark & Stormy's dominate the bar. I enjoy the occasional Planters Punch or Mai-Tai when the spirit hits me. Chilled white wines for us also; especially the German Moselles and Portuguese Vinho Verdes. Gee, looks like we're a bunch of alcoholics!!!!! :lol!: FTRPLT

Another vote for gin and tonic. I've been partial to Beefeater for this purpose lately.

-Andrew