Favorite Swiss Army Knife?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhorse

Trading Post Moderator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
They’re an icon of the outdoorsman, and for good reason. Generally they’re brilliant. Very collectible…devilishly so. There’s a lot if them I like from the little red plastic CLASSIC to the new EVOLUTION S17 and through the very desirable ALOX series. But my favorite is the ALOX FARMER X. The X designates that it has the scissors. Then add the saw, the heavy duty awl mounted on the end and a heavy duty main blade…and it’s the perfect balance between too much and too little. Available in different colors depending on when and where you buy it, it’s definitely not cheap, but it’s a lifetime purchase. It’s not a desert island knife. For that I’d opt for more tools. But it the perfect (for me) EDC item.
1A009D08-63C4-488B-B702-7836BD0433EE.jpeg

I own a couple of them and enjoy carrying them. I have an old fisherman series knife that is my go-to when outdoors. I own 2 of the Victoria boning knives, one flex blade and one regular blade. Great knives can't say anything bad about them, not even the price. I bought my dad the golf swiss army knife several years back and right before he passed away he gave it back to me. You can't beat them in my book.

BC2E8B2E-97FF-4EE2-B4FF-948ADC207322.jpg

I've carried a Victorinox Tinker model for 35 years or maybe longer. I also have a Classic and a Sentinel (without the clip). The Tinker is part of my EDC.

I've been digging a little bit into the SAK hacks on youtube. It started when I heard you could use the hook for a bicycle chain. I always wondered what purpose it could serve beyond a carry handle. Some of the uses in this video are silly, but still, it's fun. (and I like the way this guy says "huuuk"). These knives are fun and only limited by your imagination.

We have another SAK thread on here somewhere, because I know I've talked about the orange peeler on the Executive, which I use several times a week. I don't carry it, but it really is my go-to knife for most things. I use every blade on a regular basis.

Last edited:
We sell Swiss Army Knives at the Pipe Shop I work at and I carry and like the Bantam. I don’t carry but a Leatherman Wave is usually nearby. Those pliers come in handy.

We sell Swiss Army Knives at the Pipe Shop I work at and I carry and like the Bantam. I don’t carry but a Leatherman Wave is usually nearby. Those pliers come in handy.
Do you stock scissor springs? I can order them online, but I think I've gone to 5 retailers now that don't stock any of the replacement accessories. It's been frustrating.

There are two different types…right?
3 sizes. If I remember correctly, the Executive is a medium spring for their 74mm/3" knives. "The Small Scissor Spring fits 2.25" knives, the Medium fits 3" knives, and the Large fits knives larger than 3" in length (closed)."

Do you stock scissor springs? I can order them online, but I think I've gone to 5 retailers now that don't stock any of the replacement accessories. It's been frustrating.
I organized the case before I headed south for the winter and I didn’t see any parts at all. Sorry