Favorite toy as a kid?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have something like a thousand Hot Wheels no exaggeration I counted them Originals Some as far back is the first additions in a box they're all still in their packages yet to figure out what to do with them all

Legos, until my dad stepped on them. And Super Nintendo. At least for indoor toys. Outside, it was whatever bikes we could find and BB guns. I loved my 760 pumpmaster.

peanubutter":h9lwbuok said:
^Brewdude, I had the monster models as well and a subscription to Famous Monster of Filmland magazine.
I subscribed as well right from the first issue. In fact I originally had a double subscription with the idea that I could sell one set for a profit down the road. That road never came!

Cheers,

RR

Jevverrett":abniltcs said:
Legos, until my dad stepped on them. And Super Nintendo. At least for indoor toys. Outside, it was whatever bikes we could find and BB guns. I loved my 760 pumpmaster.
the original Legos that were like really tiny and even sometimes you left them out and stepped on them middle of the night I know I did don't quite know what happened to Legos they turned into Mega Bloks because the children of this new generation were too sensitive

And I just remembered one does anybody remember the Ranger Rick magazine I was totally and utterly enthralled with Ranger Rick

Brewdude said:
I generally regard my "kid" years as those up to the end of the 6th grade. Once I started Jr. High (as it was called then) in the 7th grade I was a pre-teen and mostly moved on from toys to other pursuits such as model rocketry-

images

Ohohoh model rockets when I was a kid, loved them. Was not always good at putting them together so parts may fall off at launch ?, but always had fun with them.

We had mostly board games and models. Puzzles and card games were big family time stuff as well. We didn't really have any video games even though they were the new cool thing at the time, all my friends had either classic Nintendo or Sega master system.

arkansaspiper":2qrl1mjh said:
And I just remembered one does anybody remember the Ranger Rick magazine I was totally and utterly enthralled with Ranger Rick
Wasn’t that called big backyard? I remember that. And standard legos do still exist. My kids have them. At Nana’s house. Because they still also hurt terribly when you step on em lol.

I was also a huge Calvin and Hobbes fan. I had almost all the books.

Well I am glad that they are still around those Legos I've had a hard time finding them and yes for the magazine I think it was but it was called Ranger Rick at one time here's a little raccoon dressed in a Rangers outfit talking about animals and nature

I thought I knew what Ranger Rick was. Confused it with this Ready Ranger backpack thingy my mom picked up at a garage sale. I only used it to create a make-shift fort in the hallway when we shot rubberband guns at each other. The periscope was very handy for not getting hit. Now that I look back at it, it was a neat deal.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/85/77/23/8577238d92f0ff6751a4b1ec3df3e2e5.jpg