Favorite Vapers

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clueless

Reaction score
I picked up some Hearth and Home, Russ Oullette, Anniversary Kake at the Columbus Pope show and am really liking it. I think it is the first Vaper I really am liking. What are some of your other favorite vapers?

My goto vaper has always been McClellend 2015 which is especially good after a few years of aging and used to be very inexpensive especially in large bulk quantities. Lately I have been leaning a lot more toward PSLNF which is also very good. Can't tell you about the aging for a couple more years.

Of course, classics like Escudo, Dunhill Navy Rolls or McClelland St. James Woods need to be on the list as well.

In descending order:

1.McConnell's Scottish Cake

2. Escudo / Fillmore can't make up my mind which I like better!

3. Beacon

4. St. James Woods

5. 2015

Sherlock Holmes VR Blend, is hands down, the best VaPer I have ever had and this comes from someone who has smoked old Escudo, old Three Nuns, St James Flake, Solani 633, and all the famous Rattray VaPer blends. VR Blend is deliciously rich, has a great nic kick, and has a perfect sweet and spicy balance in the taste profile. It is perhaps the most underrated VaPer blend out there and how it stays under the radar is unbeknownst to me. However, if you are looking for a VaPer blend that is top notch, I highly recommend you order some VR blend, you will not be disappointed!

-Scott

Try TWO FRIENDS Redwood.....Excellent, especially when aged !!!!!!!!!!!!

PS luxury bullseye flake, Solani 633, Peter Heinrichs curly, LGF, does Sunday picnic count?? It has Turkish as well....

Hunter5117":9032i7x0 said:
My goto vaper has always been McClellend 2015 which is especially good after a few years of aging and used to be very inexpensive especially in large bulk quantities. Lately I have been leaning a lot more toward PSLNF which is also very good. Can't tell you about the aging for a couple more years.
Very helpful paragraph. I've wanted another bulk recommended by a fellow #2015 smoker. One review said "citrus and hay", which are both subtle flavors I enjoy. I like the price, too.

In no particular order:
Dunhill Navy De Luxe Rolls
McClelland St. James Woods
McClelland PCCA Tudor Castle
McClelland Blakeneys Best Baked Bayou Slice
Tiltjp (John Patton) Cool Hand Fluke
Scotty's Old Red
and I am currently having a love/hate relationship with Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River; today its more love than hate, but it seems to be a rather finiky blend when it comes to tobacco chamber shape. Man, when it works though...

Anniversery Kake

As an aside, I really like 4noggins Essence of Vermont, but that's not technically a VaPer since it's burley and perique.

Storm_Crow":4h25fwnk said:
Anniversery Kake

As an aside, I really like 4noggins Essence of Vermont, but that's not technically a VaPer since it's burley and perique.
burper?

Defender of the Virginia-perique non-flakes, I nominate GLP's Stratford, which is much in-debt to Dunhill's no-longer-produced Elizabethan Mixture.

MisterE":h4exqg63 said:
sand18f":h4exqg63 said:
Storm_Crow":h4exqg63 said:
Anniversery Kake

burper?
Or a "Perley".... :cat:
lol...I'll go with perley.

Actually its also mildly aromatic with a light maple casing so I guess it's very maperley.

Favorite VaPers...

Well, I haven't really tried that many, but I'd have to say I like Escudo and Scottish Cake the best, followed by Luxury Navy Flake. I've found that if I smoke VaPers too fast, they lose their flavor and just taste like hot airy smoke.

VaPers seem to have a particular stink, probably from the perique. The wife says Escudo and Scottish Cake both smell like cigarette smoke, but she thinks Luxury Navy Flake is especially foul.

The perique also adds a bit of harshness to the smoke, especially when blowing through the nose. Sometimes I'll get a draw full of perique and it's like blowing wasabi through!

I'm finding more and more I like the sweet aged Virginias, but not the perique as much. I really like Blackwoods flake and am looking forward to getting some Darkstar next time I make an order. I still enjoy the VaPers I have enough to smoke them, but will probably phase them out for straight mature Virginias.

SingleMalt":13cdqx21 said:
The perique also adds a bit of harshness to the smoke, especially when blowing through the nose. Sometimes I'll get a draw full of perique and it's like blowing wasabi through!
I don't feel this way about most of them, but C&D's perique is definitely harsh. I'd sort of like to cellar some Bayou Morning to see if it would mellow and not taste like simple harsh pepper.