favorite Victorinox Swiss Army knives?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeno Marx

Reaction score
There are so many models that I don't feel like I can adequately research them all, so I was wondering what your favorite Swiss Army models are.

They're so cheaply had on eBay, but I tend to feel bad when it is rather obvious they're coming from a TSA grab. I've lost some favorite items to that crap, and I'm sure some of these TSA bundles include knives that have stories to tell and that have hurt some feelings of sad, losing original owners. Not a great way to lose an old pal of a knife.

I don't have extensive experience with more than a couple. I'm pedestrian. Many years ago, I was given a Classic for my keychain, and I've used the hell out of it. I found an Executive somewhere. I'm bummed I can't remember where or how, but like with the Classic, I've used the hell out of it as well. I like how Victorinox can make you feel like the knife was tailor made for you. That's how I feel about my Executive. I use every blade on a regular basis. It has one of the best nail files I've ever found. The orange peeler comes in handy for all kinds of odd tasks. I'm not a wallet person, so I like money clips.

Classic

Executive

Money Clip

I bought a Huntsman on a ferry going to France in '84. Great bit of kit that has accompanied me on many worldwide expeditions from the Himalayas to the Falklands and also as a daily carry. It's got all the usual basics along with the addition of a particularly effective saw. It's not ridiculously big either like some of the higher end models so it's still pocketable... if you don't want to carry it,  what's the point? !?!

Highly recommend getting the small screwdriver that fits into the cork screw.

Yup, very practical bit of kit and mine has irreplaceable sentimental value, not to mention a few air miles.

Huntsman

Spartan (for a slimmer pocket feel).

Huntsman

Spartan

I could be wrong here, but I think the cool youtuber WeAllJuggleKnives mentioned the Huntsman in a recent episode on favorite multitools.

I've narrowed it down to the Cadet Alox. I love knives, but hate carrying them in pants pockets. This one is quite thin, and I don't notice it being there among coins and crap. Pretty useful for anything I encounter on an average day.

I have a German Army Knife made by Victorinox gifted to me in the mid 80s by an old buddy from back home. Of the hundreds of knives in my collection this one is in the top five of my favorites. Being about 4 inches in length when closed it makes for a useful untility knife that's easy to carry. :)

AJ

AJ":6iuhbebv said:
I have a German Army Knife made by Victorinox gifted to me in the mid 80s by an old buddy from back home. Of the hundreds of knives in my collection this one is in the top five of my favorites. Being about 4 inches in length when closed it makes for a useful untility knife that's easy to carry. :)

AJ

What's the separate silver piece AJ, far left?

Stick":hsjjmx0m said:
AJ":hsjjmx0m said:

AJ

It's the guard for the saw blade. It just slips over the teeth. :)

AJ

AJ":o3vc95ya said:
Stick":o3vc95ya said:
AJ":o3vc95ya said:

AJ

It's the guard for the saw blade. It just slips over the teeth. :)

AJ
Gotcha AJ, nice bit of kit!