Favorite whiskey/whisky?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Living in the land o whisky...our opportunities to imbibe are like a rainbow....winter time i reach for the smokey Islay's...Laphroaig would be a reference for you.
Summertime, well hell, anytime there is new one on the market that has caught my interest....a blend...
Sassenach....which in Gaelic is a derogatory term for an Englishman....it has won a number of awards and is available in limited amounts stateside....
I do have a sweet tooth and find the sherry/port aged whisky to be a delight....The MacCallan & Balvenie always get my attention.
If you can find it try the Sassenach....

Attachments

• Sassenach.jpg
    Sassenach.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 48
I tend to like Macallan and Balvenie, as well. The scotch I currently have is a Balvenie. The one before was a Highland Park, though.

I remember liking that Balvenie Doublewood quite a bit, and the price was a great value. It was only around $35-40 at the time, but now I'm seeing it north of $60.

I remember liking that Balvenie Doublewood quite a bit, and the price was a great value. It was only around $35-40 at the time, but now I'm seeing it north of $60.
Yup. I liked that one, too.

I never saw the sense of wasting a good whiskey on coffee. Isn’t that what 151 Rum is for? 🥳
If the rum is Bacardi you are probably wasting good coffee on rum, IMHO. :D

I'm a fan of Myers's rums. Maybe not the greatest but definitely way better than Bacardi.