Favourite SH Story/Stories

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
For me it's like picking a favourite child but my top 5 list would have to include "The Hound of the Baskervilles", "The Empty House", "The Norwood builder", "The Master Blackmailer" and "The Six Napoleans"....

What's yours?....

the norwood builder is great! the hound of the baskervilles has to be the Best! I am currently re-reading the canon now. about to start reading His Last Bow. what great stories! I always think that the red-headed league is my second fav!

One of my favs is the Blue Carbuncle, mostly because I always enjoy shows depicted during Christmas. The Second Stain is another good one as it shows Holme's "human" side.

Definately Hound of the Baskervilles. The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle, The Gloria Scott, The Engineer's Thumb and The Musgrave Ritual are all excellent. My personal favorite is whichever one I'm reading at the time.

I would say "A Study in Scarlet",it was the first story I read of Holmes,I was about 14 at the time
and much impressed.It seemed to fit right in with the Geometry classes I was taking,the theroms
and the proofs. :|

Winslow :sunny:

I agree about Study in Scarlet. I'm re-reading the cannon in bits and pieces, and am currently on The Valley of Fear. I don't remember too much about that one, but I am certainly enjoying it.

My favorites are: the Engineers Thumb, Dancing Men, The Red Headed Leauge, Musgrave Ritual, and Hound of the Baskervilles. Love to read Doyle. Those five stories are ones I re-read most often.

Mine would have to be
'A study in scarlet',
'A Scandal in Bohemia',
'The Adventure of the Lion's Mane',
'The valley of fear' and
'The hound of the baskervilles'. That would be my top five.

Extremely hard to choose so I will attempt to make a Top 5, in no particular order!

1.) The Blue Carbuncle
2.) Silver Blaze
3.) Hound of the Baskervilles
4.) The Priory School
5.) The Naval Treaty

As many others have said it is very hard to pick favorite even five of them let alone just one. But mine would have to be
1. The Priory school
2. Black Peter
3. The Blue Carbuncle
4. The Greek Interpreter
5. The Five Orange Pips

The Hound is definitely my all time favorite--as for choosing the next four, i can't do it--they are all tied for second--

I'm a big fan of Sherlock Holmes, I have also a tattoo of him! :oops:
this is a hard decision but if Ihave to choose one, probably I say "The valley of fear" for the novel, and "Silver Blaze", for the short story.

Same camp as all the other hound boys. The hound has been my favorite for a long time.