FDA Bans Flavored Cigarettes. Will pipe tobacco be next?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoverPipes

Reaction score
Just saw a piece on the 11:00 news about the FDA banning herbal & clove cigarettes in the United States. This ban will also stop all importation of flavored cigarettes (except menthol). The quote from a Government Official was "We need to stop yong people from smoking cigarettes" "A lot of children experiment with flavored cigarettes like CLOVES and they become hooked on tobacco for life"

My question is, With all of the SCHIP nonsense and the FDA now controlling tobacco in the USA, how soon will it be before Obama's "do-gooders" stop the production / sale / & importation of flavored pipe tobaccos (and all other types of pipe tobaccos & cigars). This is not sitting well with me right now.......How do y'all feel about this one??? :x

Change you can trust...Yes we can!!!

Thanks Mr Politician man, those evil muhahahaha tobacco companys were making Nestle Quick flavored smokes... Just last week my 7 year old was smoking pixie stick flavored roll your owns... Shew I'm glad they stopped that.

Ever smoke a Clove cigarette? Smells like you are baking a ham. I tried some “back in the Day".
Not a pleasant experience. lol
Back to my thoughts on the Ban. There was a time when I would make the statement, “our government”, but I do not know your feelings on it, but it has been many a year since the government has reflected the thoughts of its people. With the current climate towards tobacco,
And other liberties, I only see it as a matter of time until all imports of tobacco are banned.
This being for the good of the people. Might want to stock up on your favorites while you can.

I hear Obsama is going to ban those plastic pipes that children use to blow bubbles...

You guys remember candy cigarettes?
They came in little boxes that looked like cigarette packs. I saw some awhile back, but now they are skinnier and their called candy sticks or some such nonsense. Yeah boy those just didnt do it for me I soon had to move on to the hard stuff, the real thing.
I guess they just can't comprehend that some folks just enjoy a good smoke now & then.
We need a slogan like the gay rights people, instead of "get out of our bedroom" we should say " Get out of my Pipe" or just "Get out of my baccy".

DP...Good question. Problem is, who knows what the idiots inside the Beltway will do next regarding tobacco. I'm stocking up!!! FTRPLT

ftrplt":o2m8xyg8 said:
DP...Good question. Problem is, who knows what the idiots inside the Beltway will do next regarding tobacco. I'm stocking up!!! FTRPLT
midnight rider":o2m8xyg8 said:
Ever smoke a Clove cigarette? Smells like you are baking a ham. I tried some “back in the Day".
Not a pleasant experience. lol
Back to my thoughts on the Ban. There was a time when I would make the statement, “our government”, but I do not know your feelings on it, but it has been many a year since the government has reflected the thoughts of its people. With the current climate towards tobacco,
And other liberties, I only see it as a matter of time until all imports of tobacco are banned.
This being for the good of the people. Might want to stock up on your favorites while you can.
Well I guess it's more or less my point. If anyone here on the board stocked up on guns & ammo within the last year, I guess this will also happen with tobacco. I hate to be "one of those" guys that sees conspiracies around every corner.........BUT, I see this is the way things will be going very soon.

I do fear an "outright" ban on all tobacco products. It will over-inflate the market prices like we have never seen before and hoarding will begin.

It figures, just as I "really get into" pipes / tobacco, I now have to worry about losing my hobby (not to mention my rights!). :x

Saw a bumper sticker once that I didn't think too much of. Now I find myself agreeing wholeheartedly. I LOVE MY COUNTRY...IT'S MY GOVERNMENT I'M AFRAID OF!

I wondered the same thing... was sitting there enjoying a bowl of Boswell Christmas Cookie and thought, "Better enjoy this while I can".

If tobacco gets banned in the US... wow that's scary just to think about. I am very very worried about the direction things are going...