FDA bans tobacco products for the first time

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewdude":cpyocr21 said:
This link does not load for me!

:?:

Cheers,

RR
Huh. It's working for me. The gist of it is that the FDA has used its tobacco regulatory powers for the first time to ban the sale of a tobacco product (in this case, Sutra brand bidi cigarettes).

From the article:
"These four tobacco products will no longer be allowed to be sold or imported into the U.S. Any products that are already in the U.S. can be subjected to law enforcement action, including seizure. Establishments that continue to sell these items could be in violation of the law.

"The ban is the first one issued by the FDA since the 2009 Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act gave the agency expanded powers to regulate tobacco."

Uh Oh, now it starts. Slowly at first but may pick up speed in time. Stock up everyone.

I remember those! Bidis Brazil, basically a tobacco substitute, yes? Rolled on a leaf and tied with a hemp string..

Hmmm, I could have sworn those were herbal concoctions. I remember smoking them in the 1990's but I don't recall them actually containing tobacco.

DrumsAndBeer":pbe3xidz said:
Hmmm, I could have sworn those were herbal concoctions. I remember smoking them in the 1990's but I don't recall them actually containing tobacco.
I thought they were clove. I think the kretek segment were banned before the FDA became involved. :shock: