FDA is still working it out.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaitlyn3837

Reaction score
While the FDA is trying to figure out what the heck they have put into motion. A lot of it is still blurry to the FDA, blurry to cigar makers, and blurry to pipe/pipe tobacco manufacturers. There have been two lawsuits filed from large cigar maker groups against the FDA. The lawsuits could take quite awhile and I would rather not rely on lawyers and/or politicians. If you care to take part, here is the latest petition against the FDA. Pipes and pipe tobacco are included in this petition.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/prevent-fda-taking-further-actions-deeming-regulations-regarding-pipes-and-cigars

Just wanted to pass it along if any of you were interested. I did not make it but I did sign it.

Signed, although it appears we need a lot more to sign before the March 12 deadline.

Regards,
Richard

Thanks Kate, signed.

This link needs to be posted on other pipe forums!! We are far from the 100,000 number to be recognized by The White House.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Signed. We need an amendment to the Constitution barring regulations written by parasitic busybodies. I'd sign a petition for that too.

Thank you all for signing and thanks to whoever moved it to the right section for me! I always forget about this section...

Lonecoyote":i6wb6la0 said:
Thanks Kate, signed.

This link needs to be posted on other pipe forums!! We are far from the 100,000 number to be recognized by The White House.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
There are only two other pipe forums I'm apart of and one of them is where I found it. Do I will share it on the other forum that I am apart of. I also shared it on 2 Facebook groups that I am in and on my personal FB. Share with anyone you think will sign and remind them that they HAVE to click through the link on the email they send you or it doesn't count as a signature.

I passed the link on to all of my pipe buddies and explained they MUST click the link that's emailed to them in order for their signature too count. WE NEED MANY MORE SIGNATURES!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

The awful truth is the FDA is an un-elected, un-accountable entity. All the petitions in the world will do absolutely nothing. The original legislation was carefully crafted to insure that no Congressional oversight, except the outright banning of tobacco or nicotine, was allowed. The only way to change things is by de-funding the legislation, and that will NEVER happen. Trump is no friend of tobacco. Congress is not going to get involved because appearing to support tobacco is political suicide.

I'm sorry folks, but letter writing, petitions, etc. are just wishful thinking. But, if it makes you feel better, what the heck.

Eight years ago we, as a nation, voted for fundamental transformation. These FDA regulations are just a small taste of that transformation.

CACooper":rq853zq8 said:
The awful truth is the FDA is an un-elected, un-accountable entity. All the petitions in the world will do absolutely nothing. The original legislation was carefully crafted to insure that no Congressional oversight, except the outright banning of tobacco or nicotine, was allowed. The only way to change things is by de-funding the legislation, and that will NEVER happen. Trump is no friend of tobacco. Congress is not going to get involved because appearing to support tobacco is political suicide.

I'm sorry folks, but letter writing, petitions, etc. are just wishful thinking. But, if it makes you feel better, what the heck.

Eight years ago we, as a nation, voted for fundamental transformation. These FDA regulations are just a small taste of that transformation.

Spot on observation and assessment.

Missed this. IS there another petition to sign at the moment?