FDA Regulations Petition

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaitlyn3837

Reaction score
If you disagree with the new FDA regulations, there is still hope! If you feel so inclined, please sign this petition:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/prevent-fda-overreach-and-stop-them-their-attempts-regulate-premium-cigar-industry

It only takes a minute (I timed it when I signed). I know some of you geezers don't like to do these types of things, so I understand if you don't sign. But for any of you that still want to fight for our voices to be heard, this is a good opportunity. They are seeking 100,000 signatures in 30 days. If the goal is met, then this gets an ear in the White House and an official White House response within 60 days. That gives us time before the regulations kick in on August 8th.

Just thought I would share if anyone was interested.

I think you could be mistaken about us old geezers. Most of the old geezers I know, myself included, despise what our Government is doing in regards to stripping our rights in the cause of "The Government Knows Best." I doubt seriously that this petition has a chance of making any difference but I signed it anyway. Who Knows? We may get lucky and maybe the entire Government will resign from office and we're left to govern ourselves. Wait a minute! Isn't that the way it was supposed to be from the beginning? :)

AJ

Though I don't expect it will make any difference  :x  , I went ahead and signed it.

I signed it. Not sure what good it will do but hey at least you can try.

I wonder if Trump likes cigars? I'm guessing Hillary is against them given Bill's use of them in the past. :D

swhipple":zuqfb0ci said:
I signed it. Not sure what good it will do but hey at least you can try.

I wonder if Trump likes cigars? I'm guessing Hillary is against them given Bill's use of them in the past. :D
from what i've heard Trump doesn't smoke. Trump would still probably be against them since these regulations favor big tobacco.

Big brother has been salivating over pipes/cigars/ecigs/Snus/ other tobacco based products for quite some time...don't expect a petition to matter. The only thing that would change it at this point is a good social media outrage or peacefully burning and looting a city like they did in Baltimore.

puros_bran":m6u2jjmt said:
Big brother has been salivating over pipes/cigars/ecigs/Snus/ other tobacco based products for quite some time...don't expect a petition to matter.  The only thing that would change it at this point is a good social media outrage or peacefully burning and looting a city like they did in Baltimore.
This is a great point...the only way anything changes these days is people getting worked up on social media. Whack as it is, someone needs to figure out a way to protest the fda through twitter or instagram lol

Bugsahearn":ze0xhfxe said:
puros_bran":ze0xhfxe said:
Big brother has been salivating over pipes/cigars/ecigs/Snus/ other tobacco based products for quite some time...don't expect a petition to matter.  The only thing that would change it at this point is a good social media outrage or peacefully burning and looting a city like they did in Baltimore.
This is a great point...the only way anything changes these days is people getting worked up on social media. Whack as it is, someone needs to figure out a way to protest the fda through twitter or instagram lol
I'm afraid the propaganda runs far too deep in the majority of the population.

I've signed the petition already, but it won't do any good. Truly, if there are any blends from Feb. 2007 onward you enjoy and could not do without, you should start to stock up over the next year or two (this seems to be the timetable should this regulation become legislation; blenders/sellers will be allowed two years and 1 year for the review, should they even send in an application). Personally, I'd rather they hike taxes on tobacco than remove blends from the market. There needs to be some regulation on what goes into tobacco, that much is true, but the cost of making sure regulations are met is overkill at this point (hundreds of thousands of dollars for a single application for a single blend -- madness).