FDR:Portrait of a Drinking President

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good read!! Most of my readings on FDR and his 'Tinis refer to a 2-to-1 mix of gin and vermouth; way too wet for me! And Sir Winston....who preferred to pour gin (Boodles was his perported fav) over ice and "bow" toward France (giving homage to the vermouth, whilst never pouring any!!). Ah, for the good ol' days! Well, must go and put the glasses in the freezer!! FTRPLT

I've spent a lot of time in the last 14 years in the OKC area.My job sends me to school around Norman every year for several weeks,was there 7 weeks Jan. and
Feb. Wife and I went to OKC a couple of weekends to see the Memorial and some
of the attractions.Loved visiting Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge,the herds of
Bison reminded me of that movie "Dances With Wolves".I'm supposed to have a 2
week class in August,last time I was there in August it was 105F. :sunny: :sunny:

Winslow

Winslow....Hmmm, school in Norman....might you work for the USPS??? And, yes, if you are here in August the temps can be quite brutal. Last year was relatively cool (under 100) and wet; no tellin' 'bout this year!! Pop me an email later in the summer; maybe we can get together for a brewski! FTRPLT

Yes,electronic tech 10 USPS.I'll do that e-mail once I have a date set.Will meet
for a drink and a smoke,I drink coke or coffee,another friend of Bill W. here.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Winslow

The other night on PBS, there was the second part of Harry Truman's biography. In the election against Tom Dewey, they road trains crisscrossing the country. Reporter's noted that on Dewey's train, they played "bridge" and sipped tea (it could have been martini's can't remember.) On Ole "Give 'Em Hell" Harry's train, they played poker and drank bourbon. Interestingly, Harry Truman only had a High School education.