February BoB Bombers Squadron - Hearts on Fire

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackhorse":iqx55tu9 said:
There's gonna be something that happens here at some point pretty soon. I'll just wait for it.
That sounds ominous...I like it :twisted:

gravel":rr3spgye said:
DrumsAndBeer":rr3spgye said:
Blackhorse":rr3spgye said:
There's gonna be something that happens here at some point pretty soon. I'll just wait for it.
For me this lull in the action is unprecidented.
Usually we get some sort of "I had to explain to the missus... blah blah blah" at the very least on day one.
I had the good sense to give the Commander my work address, which keeps the missus out of the loop temporarily...

:D

The company post office picked up one more package at the USPS downtown this morning...

I hope that means it's safe to come out now.

I will provide a full account of the devastation thus far as soon as I can get my hands to stop shaking, but here is a brief overview of the crater formerly known as el rancho del roogles...

bomb_2.jpg

several very touching notes and cards
36 different samples or tins of tobacco.
7 pipes, including the gorgeous Caminetto pictured below (which I am totally in awe of)
a Spiderco pocket knife with a story behind that I am totally unworthy of
a MacBaren pipe tobacco humidor
and several other thoughtful odds-and-ends...

knife_1.jpg

caminetto_1.jpg

I haven't made a connection with the internal mail guys yet, but they told me they picked up a "large heavy box" with my name on it as the USPS this morning...

more details to come.

Now back to your crater Roogles, you cannot see the sun just yet as hell has not yet finished with you.

Hot damn Eli! That is awesome!!

BH - there have been 11 missions (this one is #11). I've been on all of them.

Blackhorse":2ux9kk9f said:
Man, all these planet busters, little ticking packages and whatnot...way too clean for me. I'm going in Dango style an beat on the mo fo Tarantino style with my bear club.
Ack! I've been DJango'd with the bear club!!!!!

clubbed.jpg

pics to follow!

Apologies in advance - lots of photos in this post.

The solitary package that the mail guys handed over to me this morning has gone all "Tarantino Style" on me with a bear club!

bear_club_1.jpg

bear_club_2.jpg
bear_club_3.jpg

bear_club_4.jpg
bear_club_5.jpg

bear_club_6.jpg

Included with the bear club was a personalized copper tube, containing a hand-made pipe nail.

tamper_1.jpg

tamper_2.jpg

tamper_3.jpg

These are amazing! I'm taking the club with me to my afternoon staff meeting!

AhhhHaaHaaHaaHaa!!!

Absolutely...take the Bear Club to the staff meeting! Perfect!

Thanks for the photos. I had taken a few, but yours came out way better. Nice to have.

(The hanging hook thing is damascus and is NOT glued in place. If you put the hook in a padded vice and give it a good tug it would come out...then you could glue it if you wanted. It was a last minute idea and drilling the square hole for it took more time than I thought...so I got to the point where I just pounded it in the last half inch with a rawhide mallet. lol)

(Also, the bear is colored using mostly water color pigment and then sealed with Verathane Spar spray...3 coats. If you ever want to 'refresh' the sealant, which is outdoor rated, just go over the surface lightly with 0000 steel wool and put on at least 2 light coats.)

I know the other target has been here this morning...perhaps he can't see the screen through the flames

Fishfuzz":zxyksu1z said:
I know the other target has been here this morning...perhaps he can't see the screen through the flames
I am beginning to wonder if we had the right address. Could you imagine that?! :p

Whoa, that bear club is totally nuts, and awesome--very, very nicely done, boss, and enjoy, Roogles!