Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mike,

How long does the box typically take to get around to those on the bottom of the list? I'd like to get in on it but job training will keep me away from home for most of March, but I would be around after that if it took quite a while to get the box around. Thanks for the info!

lewtang":yhsrls0k said:
Hey Mike,

How long does the box typically take to get around to those on the bottom of the list? I'd like to get in on it but job training will keep me away from home for most of March, but I would be around after that if it took quite a while to get the box around. Thanks for the info!
Lewtang, this box(s) will be a little different this year as the one box is two. One will start west and the other east. You will see each box once. This way it is not as long a wait until you see the box(s) and hopefully they will not get as big as last years one box where you needed two men and a small boy to carry it. Usually you can figure (with shipping time) about ten days per person.

As far as schedules go, I have been successful four years running to be able to work around peoples vacation, school and work schedules. We should have no problem with yours as long as we know whether or not you will be home when the box is still at the guy in front of you on the list. We can change the rotation as the need arises. We did this last year with no problems.

thanks i had received an email form mike as i was a participant in last years box pass. So I came over to check out the fun... This was great last year and promises to be so again this year.

Thanks Mike! Still not sure I really want to commit for the sake of everyone else. Hopefully next year for sure!

I have placed another order for some blends to add to the box(s).

For the "men" of the group :lol!: :

G&H Sweet Rum Twist Rope to sample
G&H Black Cherry Twist Rope to sample

For the rest of us:
G&H Broken Scotch Cake to sample
C&D Ephiphany one tin for sampling, one for trading
Ashton Winding Road for trading
McClelland Grand Orientals Katerini Classic for trading
Low Country Waccamaw for trading

And from my cellar based on suggestions:

Solani Blend 633
Astley's 109

It is getting very close to kick off time gentleman.

I picked up some more samples for the pass. Charles Fairmorns Lancers Slices and Black Bayou Mist, Bullseye Flake and McClelland 2030 Balkan. It is getting close, real close for launch day.

This sounds like it will be a good time. I can honestly say this will be my first box pass and I am looking forward to it. Any tips from the experienced guys are welcome.

Thanks Ken, that may bey the best advise one could give!

Here is an update to the list of everyone who has signed up so far. I apologize if you have not received your confirmation email. I will start building up the boxes this week. I have almost everything but am waiting for one more shipment from Smoking Pipes. If "everything" goes alright I would like to ship the boxes out this Friday no later than Tuesday the 12th. I am going to start figuring out the routes tomorrow.

Tony Ferrill (confirmed)
JHuggett (confirmed)
Carlos (confirmed)
Pipetongue1 (confirmed)
Puff Daddy (confirmed)
Jeepernick (confirmed)
D.J.Perry (confirmed)
Ego Archive (confirmed)
Tin Man (confirmed)
Thomas James (aka TJ) (confirmed)
Just Pipes (confirmed)
Mikem (confirmed)
Eggman (confirmed)
Bigsmoker (confirmed) 27 Jan 08
cigargod (confirmed) 27 Jan 08
Mr. Houston (confirmed) 28 Jan 08
Lewtang (confirmed) 28 Jan 08
MidnightBlues (confirmed) 29 Jan 08
J_Rock (confirmed) 01 Feb 08

Ok Gentleman, unless I get more players between now and Sunday here will be the order of the two boxes which I am calling the East and West boxes just to keep things straight in my pea brain. Hopefully I figured this correctly so that you should see either the East or West box within nine passes from the last time you had a box. I tried to keep the boxes going by the shortest possible route except the East box will need to go from New York to California in the middle of it's pass. If postage is a problem please send me a private email and I will be more than willing to give you a little help with the postage. Without further ado here is the order in which you get to go bananas.

<table border="1"><tr><td> </td><td>West </td><td> </td><td> East </td></tr><tr><td> 1 </td><td> TJ </td><td> 1 </td><td> Eggman </td></tr><tr><td> 2 </td><td> Puff Daddy </td><td> 2 </td><td> Jeepernick </td></tr><tr><td> 3 </td><td> Tin Man </td><td> 3 </td><td> Tom Clemons </td></tr><tr><td> 4 </td><td> Jhuggett </td><td> 4 </td><td> J_Rock </td></tr><tr><td> 5 </td><td> Lewtang </td><td> 5 </td><td> Bigsmoker </td></tr><tr><td> 6 </td><td> Carlos </td><td> 6 </td><td> Ego Archive </td></tr><tr><td> 7 </td><td> F.ferrill </td><td> 7 </td><td> Pipetongue1 </td></tr><tr><td> 8 </td><td> Cigargod </td><td> 8 </td><td> Dock.J.Perry </td></tr><tr><td> 9 </td><td> Mr. Houston </td><td> 9 </td><td> MidnightBlues </td></tr><tr><td> 10 </td><td> Eggman </td><td> 10 </td><td> TJ </td></tr><tr><td> 11 </td><td> Jeepernick </td><td> 11 </td><td> Puff Daddy </td></tr><tr><td> 12 </td><td> Tom Clemons </td><td> 12 </td><td> Tin Man </td></tr><tr><td> 13 </td><td> J_Rock </td><td> 13 </td><td> Jhuggett </td></tr><tr><td> 14 </td><td> Bigsmoker </td><td> 14 </td><td> Lewtang </td></tr><tr><td> 15 </td><td> Ego Archive </td><td> 15 </td><td> Carlos </td></tr><tr><td> 16 </td><td> Pipetongue1 </td><td> 16 </td><td> F.ferrill </td></tr><tr><td> 17 </td><td> Dock.J.Perry </td><td> 17 </td><td> Cigargod </td></tr><tr><td> 18 </td><td> MidnightBlues </td><td> 18 </td><td> Mr. Houston </td></tr><tr><td> 19 </td><td> mikem </td><td> 19 </td><td> mikem </td></tr></table>

Cool the box is almost a foot. I have never been the first in line before. Thanks for putting this on Mike. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Just out of curiosity . . . . what happens if someone gets two boxes at the same time? :scratch: Do they need to work doubletime or would they get a few extra days to sort it all out?

Not trying to stir up trouble . . . . . . . . just curious if that is a possibility. (What a troublemaker :roll:)