Fifth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully the way I have scheduled the boxes (ref: chart) that should never happen. With everyone keeping the box six days plus transit time there "should" be at least nine weeks before you see the next box. If it happens we will work something out (as you suggested, probably more time with the second box). As an example; you are #3 on the West list and #10 on the East list. The only way you could end up with "both" boxes is that #2 held the West box for over nine weeks. The same scenerio should apply to everyone else's schedule.

I don't know looks like that guy Mike Miller will end up with the box about the same time toward the end of the pass. :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Hot Dog! Almost here! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Can't wait to dig into those boxes! Going to be a great spring here in the Great Plains! :lol: :lol:

Thanks again, Mike, for putting it all together! Great scheduling work too! Two boxes cross country that should never meet! :cheers: Cool Beans!

Ahhhhh, now I see. Taking a better look at the chart (nice chart there, Mike!), I see that the names don't occur on the same number at same time. Hmmmmmmm.......foiled again! Must - use - brain - before - typing . . . . Nah, that's no fun. :D

eggman":ufljhvl3 said:
I don't know looks like that guy Mike Miller will end up with the box about the same time toward the end of the pass. :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Ah-hah! That Mike guy, he's a crafty one. :lol:

Mike,

Though it's been said far better & more eloquently than I ever could: You're the man! Thanks again for taking time out of your busy schedule to do this for the members of this group...

Could there possibly be a better name for you than "The Coordinator" ? :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Gentleman, the boxes are made up and ready to go. I am waiting some samples of OTC blends from Justpipes and then I will ship the boxes out. Below is a list of the contents of each box to start out.

West Box
Tins
  • Wessex Burley Slice
  • C&D Sunset Harbor Flake
  • Astleys No. 109
  • Dan Tobacco Sweet Vanilla Honeydew
  • C&D Purple Cow
  • C&D Star of the East Flake
  • Ashton Winding Roa
Tins For Sampling
  • C&D Epihany
  • Samuel Gawith Firedance Flake
  • Peter Heinrichs No. 312, Virginia, Curly Cut, Navy Rum

East Box
Tins
  • Wessex Red Virginia Flake
  • Solani No. 633 Virginia Flake
  • Samuel Gawiths Chocolate Flake
  • C&D Epithany
  • McClellands Orientals Katerini Classic
  • Low Country Waccamaw
Tins For Sampling
  • GLP Embarcadero
  • Peter Heinrichs No. 169, English, Virginia, Oriental, Syrian Latakia

Bulk Samples that are in both boxes​

• Lancers Slices
  • Balkan 2030
  • Black Bayou Mist
  • Bullseye Flake
  • G&H Broken Scotch Cake
  • GLP's Maduro Cut Cake (not yet released)
  • GLP's Maltese Falcon (just released)
Ropes
  • G&H Black Cherry Twist West
  • G&H Sweet Rum Twist East

I hope that you enjoy this years pass as much as I did in putting it together with the help of fellow BOB's (Ol'Dawg and Justpipes). Plus a special thank you goes to Greg Pease for suppling us samples of his fine blends and TJ for help in arranging it.

Looks like this year, Babs is twins :D I don't see these boxes ending up a heck of a lot smaller than last years :lol:
(For those who weren't in on last year, the box was nicknamed Babs - for Big ass box!)

Got my safety rope and fuzzy slippers, let the games begin!! 8)

Mike,

I am shipping the "OTC" samples out this afternoon with a little extra surprise for you!

Mark

I would like to thank Justpipes for the very generous samples that I received in the mail today. If you gentleman what to try some of the old time "Over the Counter" blends here is your chance. To be included in the box(s) will be the following:

East Box

• Larus and Bro. Co. Four Seasons
  • Edworth Ready Rubbed
  • John Middleton Walnut

West Box

• Sail Natural Pipe Tobacco
  • Original Rum and Maple
  • Small samples of Prince Albert and Carter Hall

And now for even better news, the boxes will be mailed out either this Monday or Tuesday. I will post the confirmation numbers when they are on their way. Let the games begin and enjoy.

WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Let the games begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This may have worked out great. I am taking next week and a half off to remodel my bathroom should have plenty of time with the first box :D I will have to hurry and finish the bathroom so I dont get distracted when it arrives.

Well this is shaping up to be another dandy, I agree with the comment that now we will have 2 huge boxes to ship.. LOL I got some good things to add i belive... .. Let the games begin brothers. :cheers:

I am really looking forward to this. I have not participated in one of these in at least 3-4 years and I know this will be awesome!

"Rollin, rollin, rollin, keep ol' Bab's a' rollin, keep ol'Bab's a rollin aloooooooooooong!....

Dock
:pipe:

Load the box, tape it up, ship it out, BOXPASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gentleman, The BAB's twins are on their way. I will post the confirmation numbers when I get home from work tonight. Let the fun begin. TJ and Eggman you get them first.

Okay, here are the confirmation numbers for the twin BAB's

West 0304 1070 0000 9161 0514

East 0305 1720 0001 3558 8875

Hopefully you receive the boxes by this Friday at the latest. Enjoy

Holy cow batman, I royally screwed :oops: :oops: up on the order of the pass and forgot through all of the excitement to include Justpipes in the order. I also added Tom Clemons in the order and he unfortunately is not participating this year. I will be sending out new mailing labels to correct my screw up. I really apologize for this. I thought that I was more organized than this. Here is the real order of the passes. Again I apologize to the group and especially Justpipes and thank Puff Daddy to bringing this to my attention.

<table border="1"><tr><td> </td><td>West </td><td> </td><td> East </td></tr><tr><td> 1 </td><td> TJ </td><td> 1 </td><td> Eggman </td></tr><tr><td> 2 </td><td> Puff Daddy </td><td> 2 </td><td> Jeepernick </td></tr><tr><td> 3 </td><td> Tin Man </td><td> 3 </td><td> J_Rock </td></tr><tr><td> 4 </td><td> Jhuggett </td><td> 4 </td><td> Bigsmoker </td></tr><tr><td> 5 </td><td> Lewtang </td><td> 5 </td><td> Ego Archive </td></tr><tr><td> 6 </td><td> Carlos </td><td> 6 </td><td> Pipetongue1 </td></tr><tr><td> 7 </td><td> F.ferrill </td><td> 7 </td><td> Dock.J.Perry </td></tr><tr><td> 8 </td><td> Cigargod </td><td> 8 </td><td> MidnightBlues </td></tr><tr><td> 9 </td><td> Mr. Houston </td><td> 9 </td><td> Justpipes </td></tr><tr><td> 10 </td><td> Eggman </td><td> 10 </td><td> TJ </td></tr><tr><td> 11 </td><td> Jeepernick </td><td> 11 </td><td> Puff Daddy </td></tr><tr><td> 12 </td><td> J_Rock </td><td> 12 </td><td> Tin Man </td></tr><tr><td> 13 </td><td> Bigsmoker </td><td> 13 </td><td> Jhuggett </td></tr><tr><td> 14 </td><td> Ego Archive </td><td> 14 </td><td> Lewtang </td></tr><tr><td> 15 </td><td> Pipetongue1 </td><td> 15 </td><td> Carlos </td></tr><tr><td> 16 </td><td> Dock.J.Perry </td><td> 16 </td><td> F.ferrill </td></tr><tr><td> 17 </td><td> MidnightBlues </td><td> 17 </td><td> Cigargod </td></tr><tr><td> 18</td><td>Justpipes</td><td> 18 </td><td> Mr. Houston </td></tr><tr><td> 19 </td><td> mikem </td><td> 19 </td><td> mikem </td></tr></table>