fillmore dated 07-06-06

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaperfavour

Reaction score
This is a two ounce tin slightly puffed out. upon opening the tin there was a whooshing sound the smell that wafts out is fruity with a slight and i do mean slight lat prsence. there is that fermented fruit smell. in smoking this very good sweet with a little something in the background. there doesnt seem to be much creaminess or earthiness left in this tin. this is fine with me because halfway down the bowl a taste develops that i have never has in pipe smoke before. the closest thing i can compare this to is grapes. well to be more specific, when you eat fresh grapes you can taste the grapes on the top of your mouth and towards the back of the throat. marvelous and incredible. it makes me wonder if this could get any better. i dont see how this could. i just hope newer tins will age like this. the perique is completely integrated into the blend now along with the very sligt percentage of latweed. it is very calm now a little warmth but no bite, and that flavor, man is this good, this stuff is great. i hope greg experiments more with vaper's with very slight percentages of various condimental leaf. there is a dryness with newer fillmore that is now gone. the roomnote is heaven itself. i taste coffee bean, slight cocoa, maybe even a little bitter chocolate with a re-light. fascinating stuff. starting to feel a flush of nicotene, this starting to put a smile on my face! do i taste wine??? yes a red wine of some sort. in twenty years this stuff will probably be more sought after than b/s. in the past two months or so i have smoked many old and very old blends and i must say after two years this stuff ranks with many twenty year old blends. ahhhhh the wonders of age!! :drool: :drool: :pipe:

Congratulations vaperfavour!

As high stump said...those smokes don't happen near often enough. I still remember a Tilbury smoke I had a few years ago that was out of this world.

Jim

Ol'Dawg":eocqwodp said:
Congratulations vaperfavour!

As high stump said...those smokes don't happen near often enough. I still remember a Tilbury smoke I had a few years ago that was out of this world.

Jim
Must be an Esoterica thing. Mine was a bowl of Dunbar a couple of years back. :drool:

Afternoon All, I have a pound [2 8oz tins], 02-04-07, maybe i'll wait, Ken. :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Northeast Kingdom! :tongue:

Thanks for what was, I think, the most erotic tobacco review I've ever read. I could almost see Bacchus smiling in delight as you ooh'd & aah'd your way through the bowl. Fillmore is really good stuff. I've ordered a small stash to lay away. Obviously it was a good decision. Thank you.