Filter Adapter Needed?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ofafeather

Reaction score
Hi, All. Just bought a Peter Klein pipe off ebay. Got a pretty good deal and it looks to be a great pipe. It' seems that it is probably a filter model. Can I smoke it filterless? If so, do I need an adapter? Where can I get one, if needed?

Thanks.

Eric

Smoked it today and it seemed to do okay, thought I had to use quite a number of cleaners during the smoke. Usually I can get away with 1 or 2. This one took 4. Can anyone help me with an adapter? I smoke my one Savinelli without an adapter with no ill effects. Thanks.

Eric

Most all my pipes I smoke outdoors are filtered because the filters soak up any extra moisture and there's no need to carry or use pipe cleaners. I believe Savinelli still includes an adapter with their packets of 6mm filters. At least the last few packs I purchased did. Most dealers that sell a variety filters have 9mm adapters/inserts for a dollar or so though they may not be shown on their website.

Jim

PS-Just noticed you are from NY. Here's an NY link-

CupoJoes 9mm adapter

Thanks. Any recommendations on filters? I believe that Peter Klein pipes are 9mm.

For 9mm, I like the Big Ben best and usually buy the 200 count bag (15cents). The Savinellli 9mm are OK too but a bit more expensive(20 cents). I've tried some labeled as "generic" but they clog up inside too easily and don't do a very good job.

Jim

Wesley's Tobacconists out of South Africa sell al sorts of neat cheap gadgets like filter adapters etc. I bought from them before. Beware of high shipping charges. I purchased Balkan Sobranie tobacco from them and added some accessories, so it was OK to pay $45 shipping. They show prices in SA currency rand (xe.com convrter)