Final update on Dads & Birthdays... I hope.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Fox

Reaction score
So my Dad didn't have cancer. We found out it's Sarcoydosis. An infection that has no cure, never goes away and causes many different symptoms, but simulates cancer in x-rays. So yay!!! No cancer for Dad.

My anniversary is on the 19th and kid turns 2 on the 25th this month. I'm struggling with it mainly because I was laid off Friday, April 4th. Katz & Klein, Inc. was bought by a competitor and merged our companies. Instead of taking me, they chose someone who'd been there 20yrs but doesn't know as much about production as me. It sucks. I'm trying to be happy for the guy but I'm a little bitter too. I got my car back from the shop, had it for approx 32hrs before having to send it out to another shop to fix everything the previous shop messed up.(Damn near seized my engine block!!!) I just feel so bummed about it all right now. My son is always so happy and carefree, ...I can't believe I'm jealous of a toddler!!! I wish their was a manual for fatherhood and husbandry. I wasn't ready to loose my job.
5 1/2yrs wasn't long enough, I miss my job...

Good for Dad.  Glad it wasn't cancer.
Congratulation on your up coming Anniversary.  Make it special because with all the tension that is on your head YOU need to be the strenght in the family!  Do it now and do it tomorrow.

It's a bummer about the job, but don't wait around feeling bad...get out there and track one down.  It is a tough job market (not to bum you out) out there but you have to show your stellar self to the one the  new company wants.  You can't wait because every day that goes by you will start to get depressed, and you don't need that too.

You have strong friends here at BoB to lean on.

Wishing you the best.

That's a bummer brother, my wishes are with you to finding another job soon. :) 

Glad your dads ok!

That's a tuff break on your job though! Pepesdad is right though, go out there swinging. Don't give yourself time to become depressed over it, it'll just make it harder to move on. Best of luck with the car, and the job search. And try to enjoy your anniversary after all it only comes once a year!

Jim

That's great news that its not cancer. I hope there is good treatment for the disease.

Best of luck with the job search.

Glad to hear it isn't cancer, but bummer on the job, man.

Spend some time with the kids, while you're looking for a new job. Don't waste a minute!

(I, too, at times have felt like a manual would be great, but alas, no such manual exists).

thanks for the support guys! It really means alot. I have a couple of leads I'm gonna check out this weeekend, so I'm trying to stay hopeful. It's weird for me, not having a job... I've been working steady since I turned 15yrs old. I feel kinda lost, like I don't know what to do with myself.