Finally -- an Edgeworth RR replacement!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jj1015

Reaction score
I've been missing Edgeworth RR quite a lot lately. I have four tins stashed in the "cellar," but I plan on opening them only on special occasions or perhaps taking advantage someday of the inflated prices on E-bay. The problem is that ERR was sometimes an "all-day" smoke for me, and nothing I've tried has been an adequate substitute ... until I ordered some cubed cut burley from Cornell & Diehl to use in blending experiments. To my surprise, this stuff is awesome on its own! I mean, really REALLY awesome -- in some ways I actually like it more than ERR, as it has even less aromatic goop and has more nicotine.
Taste of course is subjective, but if you were an ERR fan then I highly recommend giving this stuff a whirl. YMMV, of course -- this is by no means a deliberate Edgeworth clone, but it's very similar: a straight-up, no-frills cubed cut burley.

jj1015":4yjfoemj said:
I've been missing Edgeworth RR quite a lot lately. I have four tins stashed in the "cellar," but I plan on opening them only on special occasions or perhaps taking advantage someday of the inflated prices on E-bay. The problem is that ERR was sometimes an "all-day" smoke for me, and nothing I've tried has been an adequate substitute ... until I ordered some cubed cut burley from Cornell & Diehl to use in blending experiments. To my surprise, this stuff is awesome on its own! I mean, really REALLY awesome -- in some ways I actually like it more than ERR, as it has even less aromatic goop and has more nicotine.
Taste of course is subjective, but if you were an ERR fan then I highly recommend giving this stuff a whirl. YMMV, of course -- this is by no means a deliberate Edgeworth clone, but it's very similar: a straight-up, no-frills cubed cut burley.
Bingo! C&D's CCB is awesome. I have over 3 pounds in the cellar at the moment; it is one of the finest straight cube cuts which I have ever encountered; amazing that it is classed amongst C&D's blenders (it does work well as a blender, but is as noted fantastic smoked straight). I've noticed it changes nicely which age as well.

By the way: does its appearance ever remind you of Grape Nuts cereal, or is that just me?

gandalfpc":6guh2cdw said:
How does it compare to Peretti's BPC?
Well, for one it doesn't have that signature Peretti's 'burley flavor'; tends to be a bit brighter and a bit more full-bodied as well. Also, it is less expensive.

Kapnismologist":lgcmqc11 said:
jj1015":lgcmqc11 said:
Bingo! C&D's CCB is awesome. I have over 3 pounds in the cellar at the moment; it is one of the finest straight cube cuts which I have ever encountered; amazing that it is classed amongst C&D's blenders (it does work well as a blender, but is as noted fantastic smoked straight). I've noticed it changes nicely which age as well.

By the way: does its appearance ever remind you of Grape Nuts cereal, or is that just me?
Can someone please provide the link to C&D's CCB? I continue to have a bear of a time with P&C's website, so I cannot search anything there. I do, however, have some luck with direct links. I want to get the right one. Thank you so very much.

Blackhorse":j8g50h4m said:
That might get you going.

If you want a tub or so of the original ERR let me know.
Thanks for the links.

The ridiculous in me would love to grab some original, but it would be wasted on me at this point. I've been smoking for decades, but I'm very new to burley-based tobaccos. I just never experimented with them, and I worked in a very nice, true tobacconist. I really have no excuse at all. When you're young, you're foolish and think there is all the time and opportunity in the world. I didn't take advantage of my situation. Not a bit. C&D Night Train got me curious. Since then, I've tried a few and didn't have much of an opinion of them either way. I always liked the way Edgeworth smelled in the can. I don't know why I was thinking about it this morning. I've never tried it. I'm going to check a couple local places and possibly order a pouch of Lane from P&C at some point. I appreciate the offer, but I'm not that far down the hole yet.