finally back to some normalcy.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuervo25_1

Reaction score
* WARNING, LONG STORY*

As many of you know with damage from Irene, my sons molestation and wifes joblessness/health issues I have had alot to deal with. well it finally started coming back together and alot more today. The wife wrote a honey do list (more like the war and peace novel) and it went something like this

Honey, since I am going to be at his ( our sons) Iep meeting and you are staying home there is work to be done.

1) get your car inspected

so I run out to town get the car inspected, pick up gas for another project, 30 weight oil, carb cleaner, starting fluid and alot of gatoraide and a pouch of cap'n black royal as well as grass seed and fertilizer.

2)spread ot the topsoil ,seed, fertilize the lawn and set stepping stones

skipped that one for the time being as I have mild OCD as well as ADHD and things have to be done in a certain way for me

3) put the pool up

yea did it and quick because I knew if it wasn't done by the time she or my son got home they would be bugging the crap out of me with " do you need / can i help" that was filling while I did the rest.

4) tear out the remander of the old fence

Since most of our fence was destroyed ,or completely removed from out property to lord knows where I ripped out the rest and threw it in a scrap pile for the neighbor since he wanted it

5) fix or throw out the damn mowers!

I aquired a mower that was being thrown out that is self propelled, mulches or bags the grass, the gentleman claimed no matter what he did he couldn't get it to run., I also got another identical one from the neighbor that was in the flood. Apparently the one that was being thrown out the owner tried to fix because the cover was off but there no screws to hold it on and the air filter was missing. I took both carbs off and the plugs out and commenced of tearing down both carbs cleaning them and putting them back together. I also cleaned and regapped both plugs. I then took the screws from the neighbors cover along with the pull cord and re assembled everything back on the mower I picked up from the roadside. a squirt later of starting fluid and the mower was running! I set aside the other carb and plug for and any other extra parts I scavenged just in case. The parts mower was thrown into the neighbors scrap pile for recycleing.

I then proceeded to drain the oil and while that was happening I sharpened the mower blade. once all that was done , new oil was in, and blade reattached I mowed the lawn very low. Then raked it with a steel rake and proceeded to go to task # 2

I set the stepping stones from the back deck to the pool ,filled in the low spots with top soil, spread out the grass seed, and fertilizer then proceeded to put out the top soil over the entire lawn (I don't have a big lawn at all).

With the list completed it was about 4 pm the kid was swimming the wife was cooking I had the firepit going because it was cool and I knew my child would be freezing after swimming. We ate outside on the deck discussing the IEP meeting, the new fence that will be put up, and the fact my wife may be able to still get unemployment or get disability. After dinner and cleaning up the dishes I sat down by the firepit with a cup of coffee and a bowl of CBR and took a good hard look at my work for the day and thought about everything that has happened over the past year and for the first time in a long time felt at peace and knew everything would be ok.

Next day I am off I am going to tackle the chainsaw running issue, and my other mower, Both need diaphrams and some carb work / adjustments.

Good for you Cuervo,
Its good to hear things are coming together for ya. Even if it was a busy day, you got to relax with the family. Cherish those moments.

Glad to hear you had a great day. To me there is nothing better than sitting back and enjoying a pipe while you look back on a day full of accomplishments. Sets things into perspective, ya got something done and done right the first time just gives ya sense of fulfillment.