FINALLY KICKED THE BUTTS

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDPipes

Mental Illness is a Terrible thing to Waste!
Reaction score
Cigarette's that is. Some of you may know that I was a non-filter Camel smoker for about 40 years and still while taking on the pipe. I was still having one in the morning but, still keeping my bowls limited to 3 a day. Well, last Thursday I smoked my last cigarette and haven't another nor have I increased the bowls per day I smoke. Truthfully, the 2nd day was a bit rough and I found that my anxiety was up and temper was a bit out of control. Of course having slept only 4 hours because of my back didn't help matters much but, I believe it's all behind me now.
Oh Yeah, I still crave that one butt in the morning but, I just ignore it till later when I get dressed and out on the porch for my pipe. And just to add, the pipe gives me a bit of a buzz now in the morning but, I'm sure in time that'll pass. Whether I'm healthier now because of quitting the butts I don't know, probably not but, at least I don't have to purchase them anymore and I feel better about myself now.

Good news! Congrats! A bowl or two in the AM with a pot of coffee goes down well!

I'm proud of you Ron! That's great news!

Jim

PS hope your back is doing better. It sucks when that acts up.

Thanks guys!

I'm pretty happy about it, specially because I no longer have to spend $164 a month on cigarettes and I have that money to spend wildly on pipes!

LordTemplar":lqzvi9z8 said:
Excellent my friend.  I would rather see you alive!!!
You obviously haven't talked to my ex's
And thank you sir

Wow, Congratulations, Ron! This is big news!  :cheers: 

I'm glad you've kicked the habit.

Thank you sir! I am patting myself on the back just a little but, I gotta be careful not to throw my back out.

A BIG BIG congratulations Ron !! I also smoked 'em for over 40 years and stopped 7 mo's ago. Smoked 'em alongside my pipes and almost eclusively for about a decade so I know what you're saying about quitting. I'm still coughing up crap and have been told by others who've quit this may continue into the first year, but at least it's coming OUT and not IN !! Things will start tasting better and this includes your pipe tobacco the longer you go !!  :twisted: 

No small feat this kicking the cigarettes . I still reach into my shirt pocket while bullshitting or having a cold beer out of habit, but since there's no smokes there I just feel foolish. After eight months I'm finally beating the craving to light up after a good meal.

My hat's off to you for taking control.

Now, ya got enough hair on your ass to stay off them?  :D

Thanks guys!
And Mike lets hope what your coughing up aint fleshy, okay?

Mark, the cigarettes are gone, I have no need of them.........as long as I can have my pipe and 3 bowls a day. ;) What help me kick them was that the pipe was much more pleasurable then they were. The only reason I kept on them while having a pipe was purely laziness, they were easy, no packing or preparing, just light and smoke. They won't be returning, period.  :suspect: 

Brewdude":szmuiysv said:
Great news Ron. Congrats.

Now stay off them!

Cheers,

RR
Thank you sir!
And I find no problem staying away from them at the price one has to pay nowadays, besides I need the money to buy pipes and Escudo!

Congratulations Ron. I quit right after the Army and happy I did. Really glad to hear you have too.