FINALLY KICKED THE BUTTS

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations! Should be a good feeling of accomplishment for you :cheers: 

Thank you guys! It's not so much a feeling of accomplishment as it is a relief
from ever having to light one up again and the money saved.

Cartaphilus":e8003kc6 said:
Brewdude":e8003kc6 said:
Great news Ron. Congrats.

Now stay off them!

Cheers,

RR
Thank you sir!
And I find no problem staying away from them at the price one has to pay nowadays, besides I need the money to buy pipes and Escudo!

Roger that.

Equally, I've known several folks who quit for a great long time. 20+ yrs in one case, and returned to cigs due to issues associated with personal stress. Hope you can stay off them.

Never was a cig smoker so I cannot relate to the addiction. In fact I dislike the nic affects I get from some pipe blends.

I tried cigs as a teen, but hated the taste/smell. And could never inhale and couldn't understand why anyone would want to. So there is that.

Not putting myself above those that do imbibe. From what I gather it's a bugger to escape from. Just don't have that history, that's all.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":rjlyo89b said:
Cartaphilus":rjlyo89b said:
Brewdude":rjlyo89b said:
Great news Ron. Congrats.

Now stay off them!

Cheers,

RR
Thank you sir!
And I find no problem staying away from them at the price one has to pay nowadays, besides I need the money to buy pipes and Escudo!

Roger that.

Equally, I've known several folks who quit for a great long time. 20+ yrs in one case, and returned to cigs due to issues associated with personal stress. Hope you can stay off them.

Never was a cig smoker so I cannot relate to the addiction. In fact I dislike the nic affects I get from some pipe blends.

I tried cigs as a teen, but hated the taste/smell. And could never inhale and couldn't understand why anyone would want to. So there is that.

Not putting myself above those that do imbibe. From what I gather it's a bugger to escape from. Just don't have that history, that's all.

Cheers,

RR
Hey BD, I understand and I can get pretty stressed out around here but, as long as I have a pipe to relax with there's not going to be a problem. One thing I won't let happen is getting beat by a stinking cigarette, I'll let the pipe do that.  ;) 

Congratulations, my friend. I know how hard quitting is. Camel was my brand too. I tried not to smoke the non filtered but once in awhile. But always smoked Camels. It was very hard for me to quit them. I think what sealed the deal fer me was when I found out I was going to be a Dad. I didn't want my child to see me puffing on the old cancer sticks. So that's when I quit, about 12 years ago. But congratulations indeed.

millerman":zpd2pcnn said:
Congratulations, my friend. I know how hard quitting is. Camel was my brand too. I tried not to smoke the non filtered but once in awhile. But always smoked Camels. It was very hard for me to quit them. I think what sealed the deal fer me was when I found out I was going to be a Dad. I didn't want my child to see me puffing on the old cancer sticks. So that's when I quit, about 12 years ago. But congratulations indeed.
Thank you sir!

Congratulations Ron.
Although I know it would have taken a lot of self-control, I have to ask the question:
Was it the Escudo wot did it  :?: 

Congratulations again

Adam

alandadp":cccj29xf said:
Congratulations Ron.
Although I know it would have taken a lot of self-control, I have to ask the question:
Was it the Escudo wot did it  :?: 

Congratulations again

Adam
Thank you sir!
And I would say Yes, it was Escudo that helped me finally start really enjoying a pipe.
Before then it bit like a mule and didn't give any satisfaction what so ever. I really didn't
understand why one would smoke such a nasty thing but, kept with it thinking it
would pass as I got use to it. That and I was collecting them even before I started smoking them then so figured I should be getting a little use of them anyway. One day a very generous man, the Shadow as he's referred to here (not remembering his member name anonymous something) sent me some Escudo and it was love at first light. That was about 4 years ago? and the pipe has been very pleasing to me since.  ;) 

I kind of have the same experience as Brewdude...tried em in college, but didn't like the nic hit, and even with a pipe, don't like the nic heavy blends, and I always try to keep the air moving (just a little) so I can still smell it but not get hit with ladyN.

Congrats Cart!

I'm just a fool for nicotine.  :geek: 

I know Yak gave up a lifetime cigarette habit recently as well. Seems to be the trend. For me, it comes and goes. Sometimes I want it more than others, but trouble with cigs is they're so damn easy. Ready to go and always satisfying.  :no:

Congratulations! Proud of you, Cart.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

I've been waiting for this post. I knew you could do it on your own time. :)

Congrats Ron!  :cheers:

Congrats! I was a non-filter Camel smoker from the ages of 15-21 (a pack or so day) until I kicked it too, though I am sure your situation was a bit harder.

Enjoy the freedom, my friend!

Thanks guys!
And I can't really say it was hard, the 2nd day was a bit of turmoil but, after that it's been pretty easy. Oh, I still have a hanker'en for one just because there so easy and of course the nicotine addiction but, I find if I just tell myself to wait till I have my pipe it's okay.
Sorta like what I learned being a recovering alcoholic, when I get the want for a drink I just tell myself "I'll have one tomorrow" but, tomorrow is always munyana.  ;)