Finally!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
Well I’m back on my feet feeling well enough to try a smoke. Keeping it smokey with some F & T Cut Virginia Plug in the Capitello Gotico Drip Wax.
banjo

37387808605_8da3ca3315_z_d.jpg

Banjo, tickles my inners seeing you enjoying another one of your stunning pipes and KEEPING IT SMOKEY. Have a wonderful weekend and be well my friend....:cheers::king::cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

More drip. Love it. Really, can we get a picture with all of them side by side?

I’ll do that Zeno, working with 2 Pipemaker’s at the moment getting Drip Wax pipes made, there’s 2 more to work with later as well and I have one really scarce estate I’m working on getting that would be every different Drip Wax pipe style made save one since I don’t think they come up very often in the estate market and that’s Castello.
banjo

Zeno Marx":byx3h1a8 said:
More drip.  Love it.  Really, can we get a picture with all of them side by side?

Thanks a lot! I'm truly looking forward to it. Truly. Truly.

I don't know if I mentioned it elsewhere, but when I sold 99% of my pipe collection many years ago, I sold a very large (too lazy right now to go look up the precise stamping in my trade ledger, but I believe a Maxima Maxima) Ser Jacopo full bent egg Rowletta. It's one of the couple of pipes I'm sorry I sold and also watch for on eBay. The thing is that it is so large that I know I'd never, ever smoke it. I rarely smoked it back then. I probably wouldn't even bother bidding on it, but I want to see it again. I just want to see it again. Part of my own love affair with these style of pipes.

OK, once and for all: Unless we're talking about Smokey the Bear or the mascot for the University of Tennessee sports teams, the term is SMOKY, as in KEEPING IT SMOKY. Sorry if I come off as the grammar/spelling police, but such things are a pet peeve of mine.

Idlefellow":d6n2w5w6 said:
OK, once and for all:  Unless we're talking about Smokey the Bear or the mascot for the University of Tennessee sports teams, the term is SMOKY, as in KEEPING IT SMOKY.  Sorry if I come off as the grammar/spelling police, but such things are a pet peeve of mine.

tumblr_static_grammar_police_by_rysis.jpg

:joker:

Cheers,

RR

Using smokey makes it my saying I know it’s wrong but DGT is wrong to me and it should be DTG (delayed tobacco gratification). When I retired 12 years ago I dumped all the bag and baggage I had to carry. :lol!:
banjo

Banjo, KEEP ON KEEPING IT SMOKEY!!!

I left another pipe forum due to some members being over particular on grammar. I believe 99% of the members of this forum know how to spell properly and in general use proper grammar.  

Ain't nuttin rong with having a bit of fun dang it. Ya'll come back now heir!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":gmrwrrlj said:
Banjo, KEEP ON KEEPING IT SMOKEY!!!

I left another pipe forum due to some members being over particular on grammar. I believe 99% of the members of this forum know how to spell properly and in general use proper grammar.  

Ain't nuttin rong with having a bit of fun dang it. Ya'll come back now heir!!

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
Well put Ted and besides we're not in grammar school. As long as someone can post decipherable threads why does it matter? Are we now being tested and graded on our writing/spelling skills? Lord help me if it has come to this.

No offence intended idlefellow, but we're all here to get get along with each other and to quote a well known author, "Love covers a multitude of sins.", and, "Let him without sin cast the first stone." Besides the OP has enough on his plate to deal with without concerning himself whether or not his grammer/spelling is perfect. Just saying... :)

AJ

I'm thankful I'm fascinated and interested in language. I wasn't always this way, though. I grew up in a small farm town where football and sports were the priority. Education was an afterthought. My papers were riddled with red marks and comments in the margins. They looked like battle zones. Very little progress from one year to the next because I simply did not care; nor was I encouraged to care. It continued onward into furthered education. I didn't care to the extent that I was not only ignoring all those red marks and comments, but I was so disinterested that I didn't pick up on any of my mistakes, either. The stuff you'd think you would learn through osmosis, I wasn't. And my spelling was embarrassing (and still is). This didn't just affect my writing. It also made it impossible to learn another language. My complete disinterest had affected how I processed language.

I took a year of Russian (because I'd already failed at learning Spanish), and the language bug bit. I still didn't learn much Russian, because though my interest in language was sparked, I was still battling with old bad habits.

I have a reading disability. It makes some of this re-learning difficult, but I actually enjoy that challenge. There are anywhere from 700,000 to 1.2 million words in the English language. It depends on how what resource you ask and if slang etc is included. I happen to appreciate the spelling, grammar, and PC police. If I can't master another language, I'd like to at least try to master my native tongue. As I said, I enjoy the challenge. And hell, learning to be more considerate of others is no burden. I like to learn, and because I enjoy it, there's never a time that is too casual to learn. Anywhere. Anytime.

fishnbanjo":0fuwmn3d said:
Using smokey makes it my saying I know it’s wrong but DGT is wrong to me and it should be DTG (delayed tobacco gratification). When I retired 12 years ago I dumped all the bag and baggage I had to carry. :lol!:
banjo
Fair enough Banjo; my apologies.

Apologies are not required, I’m glad you posted your feelings which allowed me to post mine as well. I raise a pipe to you sir in good cheer.
banjo

Idlefellow":d7dgn41z said:
fishnbanjo":d7dgn41z said:
banjo
Fair enough Banjo; my apologies.

No harm no foul by anyone, everyone just wants to feel free to express themselves in their own way. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!