Finding tobacco release dates

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wet Dottle

Reaction score
Is there a way to find out when a certain tobacco was first sold in the US? As you know, FDA regulations are going to severely impact the availability of blends that appeared after 2007. I would like to know if there is an easy way to determine if a certain blend falls in the FDA bleach bucket. Thanks.

You can go to Tobacco Reviews and look when the blend in question was first reviewed and get a good idea when it was released. Probably not a fool proof way of getting the exact date but I think you'll get mighty close. :)

AJ

Wet Dottle":awd1gmrz said:
Is there a way to find out when a certain tobacco was first sold in the US? As you know, FDA regulations are going to severely  impact the availability of blends that appeared after 2007. I would like to know if there is an easy way to determine if a certain blend falls in the FDA bleach bucket. Thanks.
Other than the rooting through tobaccoreviews (as Hermit has already suggested), I've come up blank. I might suggest that you contact the manufacturer directly (if you don't need a catalogued list of all major brands, and are only looking for info on a handful of specific blends, that is).