Fine Wine Artists

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timbo

Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
Who do you reckon is an artist that has only gotten better with age?

I can think of two off the top of my head, Bruce Springsteen and Neil Finn.

Saw Bruce play the last couple of times he was in Australia, hands down the best performer I've ever seen with little ego involved in the performance, just sheer stage craft.

Neil Finn just seems to get better every release he puts out. Whether it's a solo, collaboration or a Crowded House album. Just beautiful songs from him.

There are so many artists that I find it difficult to name just one. Vince Gill comes to mind, he was in Pure Prairie League in the 70's.
Of course Tom Jones still belting out tunes. Yeah baby, yeah. Schwing!

There are so many artists that I find it difficult to name just one. Vince Gill comes to mind, he was in Pure Prairie League in the 70's.
Of course Tom Jones still belting out tunes. Yeah baby, yeah. Schwing!
Thanks for the tip on Vince, another musician I'll need to trawl through his back catalogue.

I thought this was pretty cool;

What's young Tom put out lately, the last song I remember from him was Sex Bomb from a couple of decades ago?

Actually took my daughter to see Crowded House the other week in town, only two original members left but Neil's sons do a great job on drums and lead guitar and it was a fantastic two hour plus gig, played every song you'd expect and some unexpected ones too. The bass player was even rocking it in a kilt. Was a great night out.

Not sure of new Tom Jones music but I think he is a judge on Britian's Got Talent or something. It's not unusual to hear his music in tv or radio but it seems to still fit in now.
Now I have that song in my head.

Not sure of new Tom Jones music but I think he is a judge on Britian's Got Talent or something. It's not unusual to hear his music in tv or radio but it seems to still fit in now.
Now I have that song in my head.

Hehehe, ear wormed yourself, I agree Tom's music stands up to the times, so does Bowie's now I think about it.

I think this was the main reason for posting this was to see if I could find other artists out there like that, glad you posted about Vince as I think he's one that does stand up to that measure too.

Even though eventually everyone’s capabilities are limited by the passing of time there are artists that do represent this. Tony Bennett comes to mind. Also…Sinatra, Eric Clapton, Ella Fitzgerald, Willie Nelson, others too.

Even though eventually everyone’s capabilities are limited by the passing of time there are artists that do represent this. Tony Bennett comes to mind. Also…Sinatra, Eric Clapton, Ella Fitzgerald, Willie Nelson, others too.
Love me some Ella and Cranky Frankie too, never dug too deep into Willie's stuff but what I've heard I like.

The reformed Cream concert floating around from a few years back really blew me out of the water.

Such a powerful performance by all of them.

Need to dig into Tony Bennett, I know of him but not deeply enough by the sounds of things.

Timbo…re Willie Nelson…have you ever looked at a comprehensive list of the songs Willie Nelson has written? It’s beyond amazing, far far beyond. I’d post it here but it would literally take too much space. But here’s a link that lists 337 of his songs…THREE HUNDRED AND THIRTY SEVEN!!! From CRAZY (pooularized by Patsy Cline) to TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STAR to ON THE ROAD AGAIN to ROLL ME UP AND SMOKE ME WHEN I DIE it’s a very dang diverse list for sure.

List of songs written by Willie Nelson - Wikipedia

Willie was an amazing song writer. Who else could write Seven Spanish Angels then turn around and write Whiskey for my Men, Beer for my Horses.