Finger nails

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bub

Reaction score
When I was a kid I chewed my finger nails to the quick.
Fortunately I was able to overcome this habit and resorted to trimming nails when necessary.
I was looking at them today and they are rather long and quite attractive.
Since they have been growing for less than a month I am sure they will not appear in a record book.
If one breaks then they all will fall.
My question is ...have you ever had a manicure?

Never had a manicure.

I maintain my own nails, and have them long on my right hand which I use for finger picking. Been doing this since the late 60's when I started learning Classical and Flamenco guitar.

Fortunately my nails are somewhat strong and I don't break them often in my day job. Never had to resort to taking gelatine which some sites recommend.

Cheers,

RR

All the old Italian guys I used to see got them on the regular. I haven't known anyone else to do it.

Just my personal tastes, of course, but I've never understood the appeal of long nails on either sex. Or perhaps I should say any sex, in keeping with current sensibilities. Just a shapely trim and file done at home should suffice. For the dexterity-challenged, see a pro, by all means. And as a bonus for the latter, some of those manicurists are BABES--always a consideration for the aspiring lecher.

Richard Burley":hfhgjl8b said:
Just my personal tastes, of course, but I've never understood the appeal of long nails on either sex. Or perhaps I should say any sex, in keeping with current sensibilities. Just a shapely trim and file done at home should suffice. For the dexterity-challenged, see a pro, by all means. And as a bonus for the latter, some of those manicurists are BABES--always a consideration for the aspiring lecher.
Interesting, truth be told, I am more interested in accoutrements that are consistently high-quality and reasonable.

Man, it's a bummer. I think I am ready to get a real set of stuff that is good but not for Kings and Captains of industry, who have money to burn.