Finished another pipe this morning...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonecoyote

Reaction score
For me to enjoy. Already smoked this pipe twice in one day ( sipping ) to slowly break the briar in. It's a piece of aged over 50 years, Algerian briar that had many pits/flaws in the briar.  I hand rusticated the briar and finished off the shank with teak wood. The stem is caramel striped hand cut acrylic. Hard to see in the pictures, my attempt was to create light and dark contrasting colors in the briar, which in hand you can see much better. So far extremely satisfied with the way it smokes. Now will let it rest a few days.  
5lKHwc2.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 400px
O6rMZlQ.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 400px

7 1/4" long Canadian style pipe. Bowl height 1 7/8" with a 7/8" diameter chamber hole

Cripes, there's some folks turning out some great pipes on the BoB. That's a beautiful craggy looking number!

Thanks STICK, you just named the pipe for me:

The Craggy Canadian 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

You should be in charge of rustication at Peterson's. Some may like their current production, but I think it's crap, strictly basket pipe city. Typical example below. Now look at yours. Am I right or wrong?

RICHARD BURLEY: the difference is mine is hand rusticated where Peterson pipes are basically done by a computer program, other then some of their hand made pipes, which I'm not sure they make anymore. I know what you mean by " basket pipe city "! 

Todd, from you that's quite a complement considering your skill level. Appreciate your feedback. 

Thank you ALL who commented so far. 

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Looks good! I can't wait to get back in the shop to make some pipes. Between work and mechanical issues in the shop I haven't had a chance to make much lately! ?

Very crunchy looking! How did you do that?

Hope it gives you many great smokes!

OW, I used my trusty Dremel with the extension and a medium etching bit. I was able to create contrasting colors in the briar with light and dark stain.  It's a great smoker and already broken in, the briar was over 50 years old. Appreciate your compliment.  

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!