Finished my No. 5 pipe ....

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollywood

Reaction score
Finished this Bulldog today. Practice for some different techniques in sanding, staining, and making my own acrylic stem with delrin tenon. What do ya think?

108_3741.jpg

108_3738.jpg

108_3745.jpg

Nice job... it always seemed to me that the bulldog would be a very challenging shape.

Fine looking pipe! I really like the stain, stem color and shank treatment. Personally, I wouldn't have put quite so much bend in the stem, but I probably will never be able to smoke it and certainly never would have gotten that far to begin with.

Keep up the great work!
Jim

I agree that the stem was bent too much. I kept looking at it and had a couple others say the same, so .............

108_3750.jpg

8)

Yes, very nice. The stem. Is it smooth? It has a satin finish that I like the looks of. But does it feel odd to the lips that touch it?

Carlos":v5w49qkw said:
Yes, very nice. The stem. Is it smooth? It has a satin finish that I like the looks of. But does it feel odd to the lips that touch it?
It's smooth, Carlos. And it feels just fine and dandy. Really a lighter side pipe, too; so it could easily be a clencher. It has been sanded up to 600 and cleaned. Normally I would want to go to at least 800 and then buff it with carnuba, but I don't have a buffing wheel station set up at the moment. Just have to put one together. I will polish up the pipe to give it a bit more shine, too.

Hollywood, I LOVE your bulldog! Hey, where are you located in MO? I'm another Show-me state native. I live near Gilliam, which is a tiny town about 100 miles east of KC on hwy. 240.

Smokey

Thanks again for all of the comments everybody. I'm glad to hear that some of you really like the work. It means I may be moving in the right direction!

Hey Smokey. I'm in Southeast Mo. Cape Girardeau to be exact. On the Miss. about an hour & a half south of St. Louis.