Firefly/Serenity

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely one of my favorite series, great characters that you really get attached to by the end of the series. Unfortunately, I was left with a big empty feeling when the series ended that Serenity almost completely filled. As others have said, though, the show would be much better served by several more seasons.

Like many shows, my son was after me the whole time it was on TV to watch it, but I waited until the movie had come and gone then bought all the DVD's. Now it is one of my regular fall-backs, when I can't decide to watch anything else, I pull out one of the Firefly episodes. I really think it is a perfect mashup of Bladerunner, ST TNG, Battlestar (have yet to watch the 2nd series, used to love the 1st), plus likely many I am missing. I am still a big Buffy fan and do think Joss Whedon is quite a producer when it comes to this genre.

Oh, and as for Dollhouse, I really liked the concept. Full of potential there. But then Eliza Dushku just had to be the lead... Can't stand her. She hams it up. And I'm sorry, but as hard as they try, I just don't find her attractive. Topher saves that show for me. :D

Irene Adler":x22r8rr2 said:
jhuggett":x22r8rr2 said:
icon_cheers.png
Dollhouse is on Netflix too!!!
Anything directed by Joss Whedon is excellent. Firefly, Buffy, Dollhouse, Angel...all of it. If you haven't seen it, Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog is a fun adventure as well, and actually not as gay as the title otherwise unintentionally implies. =) Promise.
I'm in complete agreement with you. Although it has been years since I watched Buffy or Angel, I found both show to be very enjoyable. The only problem with them, especially the early seasons, is that they aren't dark enough for me anymore. That being said, the season 5 finale is on of two TV moments that made me cry. And Dr. Horrible was hilarious!

Tock the Always":x22r8rr2 said:
Oh, and as for Dollhouse, I really liked the concept. Full of potential there. But then Eliza Dushku just had to be the lead... Can't stand her. She hams it up. And I'm sorry, but as hard as they try, I just don't find her attractive. Topher saves that show for me. :D
I have to disagree with you there. Dushku wasn't overly impressed me otherwise, but in Dollhouse she makes Echo come alive. Her performance in Epitaph Two brought me to tears.

The Janitor