Fires

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
Been catching up on news. The West is burning! Just saw about the mandatory evacuation of Clackamas County in Oregon.

Take care Blackhorse!

We had to evacuate for three days.  The fire level warnings have been pulled back one step so we headed home.  Just got in a few minutes ago.  Whew.  What an ordeal.  We had it very, very easy compared to many, many thousands of folks.  Whole towns burned to the ground.

But all is secure here.  Can’t see two blocks...one in some places...but inside the house the air is clear-ish.  Better anyway, by far.  But home at last.

All told, over A MILLION ACRES have burned here in Oregon!

Oregon Convention Center downtown East side...turned into Evacuation Center...from our digs across the street.  There are two huge glass towers less than half a block behind that sign...totally hidden by smoke.

Good to see you're home safely Mr BH. 1 million acres... terribly sad.

Stay safe.

Wow, that's thick smoke still. Everything smells like it went camping I'll bet.

Smoke should be much less here in the valley by tomorrow night. But it’s gotta go somewhere so areas to our East will certainly feel some significant drift. Currently, sitting inside my eyes feel “burny” and gritty and Yup, there’s that distinct and significant burned out campfire smell...throat feels irritated and raw. But that’ll be gone soon...we’re on the downside of it. Whew. Don’t want to do this again.

Happy you and yours survived! We’re been in Glacier NP the last few days and you couldn’t see much at all. :shock:

They just today removed all levels of warning status for my town.  Whew.  Smoke is still hanging around for several more days though...worst air quality of anywhere in the WORLD!  

DOWNTOWN...