First Bowl of Frog Morton

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CipsterX

Reaction score
Smoking my very first bowl of McCelland Frog Morton and well I am finding out that I love Latakia! Will def buy this again.

The Frog is a favorite of many. Latakia hits the spot, especially this time of year!

It's very good not as good as nightcap but non the less very delicious.

I had my first bowl of Frog Morton yrsterday as well (On The Town).
It was late so I only had a 1/4 bowl but as soon as I took the first lighting puff I wished I had more time.
I am very impressed with this blend. I could not get to sleep thinking about waking up earlier than usual to enjoy a full bowl.
Paired it with a giant mug of Seattles Best # 5 which was not the best pairing because there was not much contrast between the coffee and tobacco.
I Love the Frog right now!

Very light blends, the Froggies. When they start tasting a little hollow, try the green label Oriental series (14 is the fullest and best, imho).

I love Frogmorton. Try also Frog Morton in the Cellar, a new blend from McM.

The original is the best IMO. Some say the next step is Northwoods, but I always fall back to FM.

Puff Daddy":5abkv7ct said:
Very light blends, the Froggies. When they start tasting a little hollow, try the green label Oriental series (14 is the fullest and best, imho).
You are absolutely correct about it tasting "Hollow". After some Chelsea Morning and Nightcap the FMOTT just does not hit the spot like it did on the first few bowls.

I will be checking out the Oriental that you mentioned.

Really like the original FM. As others have said it's a nice intro to Latakia. It's how I got my start with Lat. Enjoy.

I havent been at this long, but the original Frog Morton hits all the right notes for me. I have started to build a little collection of things I like - setting a portion aside to age and a 100g of FM is already tucked away

Frog Morton was definitely the blend that one me over for English blends. Now they're my toby of choice. I've since followed that friendly amphibian out on the town and down to the bayou. I have a tin in waiting that should shed some light on the quality of his caller. Can't wait.

Yeah, I like the Frog in all of its itterations. My favorite is Across the Pond. Almost minty in its pungency!

I have moved on in fact all I really smoke now is Dunhill blends.

I just tried my first tin of the Frog and it was great but no better than Piccadilly bulk at my favorite tobacco shop at a third of the price.

Ah, so that is what that flavor is to the FM... I was wondering. Is this also where the tin aroma arises from?

I find it's much more enjoyable after the tin have been open for a while it is a bit moist.