Five Things Every Man Should Have in His Pockets

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry292

Reaction score
A Zippo lighter, a good fountain pen, a pipe tool, a utility knife, a firearm. Feel free to add your own necessities.

The things i miss most if they are not in my pockets> Keys and wallet :affraid:

My EDC's include a lighter (sometimes Zippo, more often lately my Xikar soft flame, although the zippo is the true multi-fueler in the lighter world), knife, Surefire flashlight, wallet, keys and cell phone. My Xikar cutter is often included as well. I also usually carry my Timbuk2 but that is another whole can of worms, and my GHB which contains pistol and other essentials since I don't CCW.

I never thought to carry a firearm in my pocket. That seems like it belongs on a leg or a shoulder. Plus, if I stuck my hand in my pocket to retrieve my pipe but accidentally pulled the trigger on my gun, well, I wouldn't want to face that situation half-cocked.

A handkerchief. If not for yourself, then for any weeping woman you should happen to meet.

George Kaplan":2e8q4trp said:
A handkerchief. If not for yourself, then for any weeping woman you should happen to meet.
George, you are truly a renaissance man! Good for you..my only add is my work badge! Be damned if I don't always "think" I have it with me.. :pirat:

Yes because it's cool to have a woman wipe her eyes with your snot rag.

puros_bran":etbt8f4b said:
Thank you for starting my day with a laugh! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

You guys must have some awfully big pockets :lol:

Guns, knives, multiple lighters, cutters and tools? You're gonna need some serious susupenders to keep them trousers up! I'm guessing you don't go in for the trim and slim look in pants :lol:

One small key ring with three keys on it, one slim front pocket wallet with only a DL and a bank card in it. That's it, period. I hate having a bunch of crap in my pockets.

Puff Daddy":n6bp8ckf said:
You guys must have some awfully big pockets :lol:
Yes, actually the 5.11 cargo pants have pretty much become my daily wear in lieu of jeans.

puros_bran":dp7n5y1m said:
I would assume he wouldn't offer if it was full of snot...then again....

mike_68":rk7trmuu said:
puros_bran":rk7trmuu said:
I would assume he wouldn't offer if it was full of snot...then again....
:lol!: The handkerchief was my grandfather's advice. He also said, "Just don't be a damned fool and hand her a used one."

Nothing in my pockets except for some change and keys. Thats it. A gun? Tough neighbourhood eh?

George Kaplan":utcvr9pj said:
The handkerchief was my grandfather's advice. He also said, "Just don't be a damned fool and hand her a used one."
I tried the handkerchief thing. I really did. Whenever I pulled it out, it was covered in lint. Not classy. Also, once it was used and put back, my leg got itchy.

Now when a lady needs a wipe, I hand over the box of kleenex. Still not classy but at least hygienic.

Contents of my pockets , Change not included
IMG195.jpg