Flakes, Cakes Or Everything Else?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm definitely in the flake camp. I prefer to smoke the flake as such, folded or cut to fit the pipe. I think it yields a more flavorful smoke.

Cheers,

TC

Flakes.

I am fascinated by them and have no problems with the burn. I simply pull apart the flake into 3/8" strands, then pull the strands apart in 3/8" X 3/8" chunks and loosely load those into the bowl.

I'm not a straight Va fan so that rules out alot of flakes on the market. i guess I'm a cake man these days, working my way through the Star of the East, which I like more with each bowl although I think it is gooing to foul my taste buds for a while to more subtle blends.

I was wondering if there is a way to create flakes at home out of blends with leaving them pressed under a car, someone posted that in another thead a few days ago.

Had to vote flakes cause favorite smoke is MacB navy flake. Sometimes I fold and stuff like the MacB site says. Other times I will sit and pull it apart allmost strand by strand, and sometimes just rub the hell out of it. The few times I have tried cube cut I just couldn't keep it lit, but that may very well be lack of expertise or common cents. :scratch:

Bulldog

Never Forget!

I like flakes and cakes simply for their slower burn and more complex flavors.... My celler is being changed to reflect my new taste

Flakes for my self, enjoy option in prep & flake blends

Without a doubt, flakes.

Pressure makes so much sense to get the spit to swap without too much of it getting away. The reality seems to confirm that.

Once you get the hang of it, they are convenient to load.

Have to vote Flake, having tried the the others apart from ribbon and flake just seems to ooze with flavour as well as the air of tradition and you just feel like you've gained another insight into tobacco after having gone through its different methods of preparation.

I voted flake, but for me it depends on how the flake is prepared and how well it can be rubbed or crumbled for packing into the pipe bowl. That caveat does not encompass all available flake cuts out there.

Ribbons so far. I've got a tin of backwoods flake and am just WAITING for the special moment to crack it open and try it.

Flake. I like the control the smoker has over the blend--there's plenty you can do with a flake if you want to, not so much with anything else.