Flash happy again

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stick

Reaction score
Can't believe the last post in Technology was in March 2017!  Here's my contribution...

I've always really enjoyed my photography and found it to be a fantastic outlet to satisfy my artistic side.  Back in the day I had a 35mm SLR, the Pentax ME Super.  And it really was super.  That little camera travelled the world with me and accompanied me on many adventures.  Composing a frame for a single exposure (rather than picking from 20 pics) was the order of the day as film was quite expensive.  

My preferred format was slides, perhaps spurred by Sunday evening slide shows that dad used to show us.  It was like being at the cinema, bright vibrant colours and a trip down memory lane.

But then came new film formats like the flash in the pan APS, then the digital compact revolution and I found myself not being able to justify the outlay on a Digital SLR.  On the occasions I was able to borrow a DSLR it was like coming home, but still couldn't justify the expense.  Until last night that is.

Mindful that my children are growing up rapidly and I have precious few really good photos of them I thought, by golly, let's just do it.  So last night I went online and bought a reconditioned Nikon D80 in excellent condition and a mint condition Tamron 18 - 270 lens.  I feel like a kid at Christmas!  Although it's a little dated, it's a great setup to get me going again with the D80 fitting in between an enthusiast's camera and something more akin to professional usage. I can't wait to get back into composing and realising my artistic needs again.

Right, I'm off to look at camera bags, tripods and polarising filters   :cheers:

Stick, good luck with your new set up! Excellent camera and lens. Today the younger generation just use their mobile device to snap and shoot. I can't remember the last time I've seen a camera used other then a cell phone. Congratulations and it's a rewarding hobby :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF THE LENS :lol!: