Flea Market Find Yesterday

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dock

Reaction score
Hello Gang,

Found this gorgeous staight amongst the usual crap at the flea market yeterday.Got a couple of neat DE razors too that I need to clean and photograph...
PipeRazor001.jpg

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Thats cool Dock. I've always liked the look of an etched blade straight.
Unless your planning on using that for trade bait: What'd that go for?

puros_bran":eoqzmik0 said:
Thats cool Dock. I've always liked the look of an etched blade straight.
Unless your planning on using that for trade bait: What'd that go for?
Thanks Bran... I gave the guy $10- for it,talked em' down from $12- The strange thing is that it's definetely a shaving razor but is stamped "pipe razor" for a reason no one seems to know? According to those much more knowldgeable than me,it was made by a fairly acclaimed maker from Sheffield England.The fella selling it has theee other razors and I plan to buy those from him next week.

It looks hardly used but I might have to send it out to be sharpened before it's maiden voyage...

Best,
Dock
:pipe:

Without a doubt send it out.. I can halfway sharpen a Straight but I have found its alot easier and involves a bunch less cussin and bandaids if I just send it out. Something about watching yourself cleave part of your thumb off...'Huh?..oh,no blood, must not of seen what I thought I saw".. followed by blood squirting out across the bathroom.

Another thought if ya are going to use Straights.. ALWAYS shave with your pants ON!!!!!!! :affraid:

:shock: :twisted: :lol!: :lol!: Nice find,Dock!Puros Bran,you have a genuine KY sense of humor!!
Tony

Nice straight Dock. Never had the desire to try a straight razor but I'm sure they have their followers. You being a sports fan here's a nice vintage Gillette to look for,
1958 Super Speed. Only made for one year and advertised on the Gillette Cavalcade of Sports Television show.

58SuperSpeedTV.jpg