FLOATZILLA 2013

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaiser83

Reaction score
Not sure how many paddlers we have here on BoB, but Floatzilla is the weekend of Aug 17th this year.
Basically it's an attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the most number of paddled craft in the same spot at once. Of course there's more too it than that, but they've been doing it the past few years in the Mississippi River and last year had 1600 or 1700 some odd paddlers in there. It is held in conjunction with a concert and ribfest in the area. Anyhow I'll be there this year and if anyone who lives in IL, IA, MO wants to come....or anyone else for that matter we can hang out at the camp site and smoke a pipe. For infor look up Floatzilla on facebok or go to:
www.floatzilla.org
www.riverrootslive.com

Hope to see some of y'all there. Just as a bribe, if you're going to be there let me know and I'll bring a tin of Frog Morton for you.

Not taking my boat all the way over there, but I love the concept! :D

I dont have my canoe no more. Use to have a old town, you know the wood frame and canvas covered. she was alittle heavy being old but she was slick in the water. The wood work on those old canoes was a beautiful work of art. Wish I still had her.

Yeah I have a Perception single person, but I'm fixing on grabbing a tandem Old Town Dirigo because it has a jump seat and I can get all 3 kiddos out on the water too.

Kyle Weiss":vvru93k4 said:
Not taking my boat all the way over there, but I love the concept! :D
So do I! Some of my wife's paddle friends go. My home is on the banks of the Mississippi our humble fleet is a canoe, yaks a flat bottom and pontoon. :shock:

Sounds like a really great time. If I were in the area I'd join up with you for sure. How about some photos of the event in the future??? That would be super.

Heck yeah I'll post photos. I plan on taking a cob out on the water with me, hopefully nobody gets frustrated...and if they do I'll just paddle away.