Flying Dutchman and ..........................???

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick

Reaction score
just found a big old tin of FD from 1999 in my Igloodor and was wondering if any of the esteemed BoB might have some idears for a blend(s) ??

Thanks gents !

rick":3chqwioz said:
just found a big old tin of FD from 1999 in my Igloodor and was wondering if any of the esteemed BoB might have some idears for a blend(s) ??

Thanks gents !
It's Flying Dutchman. You can't make it smokable. :lol!:

um......yeah.
Thats what I was afraid of.

:scratch:

rick":kw15tfzd said:

Thanks gents !
My advice for improving FD:

1. Open tin
2. Empty contents in to appropriate sized container (trash can)
3. Dispose of in an 'environmentally responsible' landfill
4. Re-fill tin with any mixture approximating what you WISH FD tasted like
5. Fill & light pipe and enjoy!

:lol!:

I'm not familiar with FD but I read the reviews of it. If you find it somewhat bland and very bitey like most of the reviewers try mixing it with something with bold flavor that is very smooth with almost no zest on the tongue.

OKie dokie.............
the silence is deafening :scratch:

So Im gonna mix up some tonight with MacBaren London Burley Blend for the ride to work.

Ill let yall know how it goes cause I am sure everyone is dying to find out. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

FD is just below Paladin's Black Cherry as the hottest smoking, most biting, gawd-awful pipe mixture known to mankind :twisted: However, using very small amounts of it to "sweeten" a non-aromatic blend might be OK. I ain't trying it :no: But please let us know how it worked with the burley. FTRPLT

BTW...If that fails, follow Kilty's advice!!!!!!!

rick":3ubdnhzr said:
OKie dokie.............
the silence is deafening :scratch:

So Im gonna mix up some tonight with MacBaren London Burley Blend for the ride to work.

Ill let yall know how it goes cause I am sure everyone is dying to find out. :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
Oh I beg to differ Sir, there wasn't silence on the subject, just a lot of what you didn't wish to hear :lol:

Whatever you attempt I'm sure will result in 'something' whether it suits your needs is quite another matter, good luck :pipe:

Oh, Im not expecting any miracles................I still remember the last time I smoked this stuff and it was at least 8-9 years ago.
Im just one who cant git rid of anything:
that 2 week old meat loaf in the back of the fridge ??? I aint throwin it out. Thats lunch !

So it goes with my baccy.
I just caint do it :cry:

rick":5g4x1syz said:
that 2 week old meat loaf in the back of the fridge ???
To quote Apocalypse Now: "The HORROR ... The HORROR" :lol!:

It's probably spoiled by now!

My frugality has bounds 8)

If you need an alternative to throwing the tobacco away outright, it can be used in compost and even has a slight desirable property in that regard, it discourages many garden insect pests. They don't seem to enjoy nicotine :cheers:

C'mon brothers, help me out here, we need to watch over our brother Rick here and make sure he doesn't 'hurt himself' :lol:

Even I am not so mean :evil: as to subject a yard pest to a nicotine tea made from FD! At least I have the common decency to use the butts of my fine cigars to do that :p I do have some self respect!! FTRPLT

I used a fair amount of FD over the years, when I rolled up pipe tobacco cigarettes. It is a fine shag cut and burns well as a cigarette, so I'd mix it half and half with what ever else I wanted (often an aromatic) roll it into a filtered cigarette, and smoke them at bars where cigarettes were allowed, but not cigars or pipes. Got lots of complements from the ladies (the smell of my cigarettes, not my looks!).

I guess these days there are no places you can smoke even a cigarette, though, is there? Also, as I'm past the trying to impress the ladies stage, I really don't care what others think of what I smoke when I can

Natch