Foods lost in your Childhood?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...my wife thinks it's weird what I'll wrap anything in a tortilla.
Last night, large flour tortilla, filled with fresh spinach, cilantro, red onions, canned diced tomato with chiles, shredded chicken and ranch dressing mixed with horseradish mustard.
This morning my blanket was stuck to the ceiling.

My mom made a beef stew using canned corned beef. I have not made it to equal my memory which was one of my favorite dishes she made. We also frequently ate canned green peas in a white sauce served over buttered toast. That one I can make and is another favorite although I don't eat toast or white sauce very much anymore.

Last night, large flour tortilla, filled with fresh spinach, cilantro, red onions, canned diced tomato with chiles, shredded chicken and ranch dressing mixed with horseradish mustard.
This morning my blanket was stuck to the ceiling.
Thanks for the lovely imagery! I see you've swapped out Aslan for Hef. Must be feelin' yer oats again! :p

Mom also made this incredible bundt cake that had a layer of brown sugar and chopped walnuts or pecans in the center. I have that recipe somewhere and remember making it a few times for myself many years ago and it's the same one I remember from my childhood. These days I'm far too lazy to put this together but will post it if I can find it.

Cheers,

RR

Right, so it seems as though I no longer have the recipe from my late Mom. But I did manage to google it and this looks to be the same thing -

picKSdEhO.jpg

Here's the link to the recipe. I will say that I never did the drizzled frosting thing as it was rich enough on it's own.

https://www.food.com/recipe/merks-coffee-cake-84399
This was always best when warmed with plenty of butter spread on it. Don't think I could eat it any more though!

😬

Cheers,

RR

That looks delish BD, I've had similar cakes in the past but they tended to have more nut filling in the middle. I had a maybe Greek or Serbian version with pistachios which was amazing a few years back, sadly I did not get the recipe.