For JP

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puff Daddy

Reaction score
Actually, pan masala is not meant to be smoked. It's a mixture that is typically served in India after dinner to cleanse the palate and freshen the mouth. Kind of how we have breath mints and tooth picks on the way out of most American restaurants, Indian restaurants have a small bowl of pan masala to cleanse the mouth. It's actually quite tasty, but I surely wouldn't smoke it! :D

Then why does it say "Contains no tobacco"? :scratch: ... And it was listed in the pipes section on EBay, that's how I can across it.

I think they are offering it as an alternative to chewing tobacco for those looking to quit. It does have a slightly minty menthol type flavor to it, so I could see it as a replacement, although the texture is entirely different and there is no spitting required.

Apparently, some versions of pan masala include tobacco:
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-pan-masala.htm

Tobacco or not, it's a moot point, as the betel nut in the stuff is also subject to nanny-state crackdowns in SE Asia.

(Anyway, I thought the consensus here was that Walnut was also not meant to be smoked. 8) )

Maybe JP will just have to go old school and resort to smoking walnut husks and shells :lol:

I'm a corn silk man myself :pipe:

A concoction of dried leaves, deer tongue, and chopped up tobacco stems in a cob smokes pretty well! :lol!: FTRPLT

Puff Daddy":7mod3fsi said:
Maybe JP will just have to go old school and resort to smoking walnut husks and shells :lol:

I'm a corn silk man myself :pipe:
Home grown baccy, I've growed it before and I can grow it again! :shock: :D

Rabbit baccy, corn silks, I smoked plenty of it when I was ah young'n! :D