Forever Stems at Vermont Freehand

• Thread starter Deleted member 2386
  • Start date
Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't mind filing and sanding a bit, these should work for many cobs,
Acrylic stems from Italy
I purchased an almost identical set on Ebay from Molina, but shipping cost as much as the stems. I have them in seven cobs. Pipeshop is including free shipping. I just ordered another 5-pack. When they arrive, I'll post some for sale for what I paid plus postage to you, probably about $12.00 each. Ebay charged me 8% sales tax on the $50.

I see that VF charges $7.00 shipping, so the actual price, shipped is $25.00, but I think VF may include additional service.

Last edited:
The drag now is that the famous Dagner Custom Cob's stem is drilled wider, so the Forever Stems no longer fit! This really tics me off! I have 9 or 10 Dagner cobs with Forever stems and love them. Last summer I bought 4 more and found out that the Forever Stems I'd purchased for them no longer fit. Have to use them on the C&D Carolina cobs, now or, of course, the traditional MM ones. This, for me, is a shame because a well used Dagner cob can give an hour's smoke and a Forever Stem really adds to the look and comfort of the smoking experience.

The drag now is that the famous Dagner Custom Cob's stem is drilled wider, so the Forever Stems no longer fit!
I'm not understanding. Is it actually the shank that's drilled wider? Please explain.

I'm not understanding. Is it actually the shank that's drilled wider? Please explain.
As luck would have it I just received a Dagner Poker today and to answer your question the shank is drilled wider. Using my drill bits I would say the shank hole for the bit/stem is 7/16" in diameter x 1/2" deep. The kicker was the air hole in the shank was not drilled all the way through to the bowl.

Last edited:
20210115_055529.jpg
Hopefully this picture clarifies what Smoker13 is saying.

Looks like VermontFreehand.com bought up Pipe Makers Emporium's stock of stems. All shapes and colors. Prices don't seem bad but I haven't bought any pipe making supplies in years. (I have no affiliation with the company or have purchased from them. I use to do business with Pipe Makers Emporium when they were in Phoenix).