Forget what you've heard...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carlos, if you are okay with the nastyness of PD's posts about me, then explain why mine are so offensive to you.

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen that ^^^^ with my own eyes. (And people ask me all the time why I avoid public boards anymore.)

Well.. the thread started out funny, anyway. (No worries, y'all... Dock knew exactly what was up.) 8) :lol:

I take full and unabashed credit for driving LL into a pipe induced frenzy! You see it's like this. I've already sold/traded off all of my Italian pipes. and I'm almost done with selling off my English pipes with the exception of one that's REALLY hard to let go. It's a barely smoked and nearly new 1930's Dunhill shell briar bulldog that looks like it could have been made yesterday! It's patent numbers are crisper than those of new Dunhill! It's stem is devoid of toothmarks.It's rim is clean as new fallen snow and to top all this off it looks like it's been smoked once or twice at most! It's so perfect that it should be in a museum somewhere! Grown men have been known to weep just at the sight of it and youg women have taken their bras off and throw them at it as if it was Tom Jones in pipe form!

It's pipe perfection plain and simple! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:darklord: :darklord: Hey LL,

Why don't you fill it up and tell me how it smokes. Just once. What could it hurt right?Just a quick smoke <Insane laughter> :darklord: :darklord:

Best,
Satan aka Dock

Danish_Pipe_Guy":iawy30gx said:
youg women have taken their bras off and throw them at it
That's gonna run the price up for sure! :bounce:

Danish_Pipe_Guy":sslc2qoo said:
Why don't you fill it up and tell me how it smokes. Just once. What could it hurt right?Just a quick smoke <Insane laughter> :darklord: :darklord:

Satan aka Dock
Have you used that line before, Dock? It just came out too easily. Almost natural.

Stand your ground LL. We might not respect you in the morning.

And, think about it. The pipe was crafted twenty years before you were misconceived. Some here would call that a conspiracy.

Enjoy it in good health ! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:face:

What's really nice is that LL is back.

Now, if we can get that damned :gatewheel: back.

L,

Perfect pipe for that fedora of yours.

Fedora, that pipe, the cocky smile. You could be a bass player.

Wow LL that piece of junk I MEAN PRICELESS ANTIQUE SMOKING INSTRUMENT really cleaned up pretty well! You should think about going into the pipe rejuvenating business someday! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fire it up!
:darklord:
Dock

Take it home for the weekend.

Park it in your driveway.

Take the Mrs. and the kids for a ride.

Dock, you ARE sinister.

Someone should rock salt your Danish.

Imagine a seven day set of them.

I would dedicate a Smoker to it.

Be better than having Pease sleep on my floor.

Fish on!

Too frikin funny.

thomas james":31u7wlpq said:
What's really nice is that LL is back.
"Dropped by" is quite different than "back," I'm afraid, but the sentiment is appreciated. I just figured if Dock was going to tor-- that is, make me this generous first-refusal offer, his low tactics ought to be exposed on his own board. Bit o' poetic justice, you see.

btw, Dock, it's a '48, not a '38. (30's dates were into the teens, counting from 1920. In '40 they reset the baseline. Also, the "/34" at the end of the patent number didn't show up until the 40's.) Doesn't matter a bit, of course, just something Mike H. or another Dunnie expert will likely mention after seeing the pix.

Dock seems to have endless surprises. A pipe like than cannot come from an eBay "lot" sale or pipe show. He must be related to the Dunhills.
:shock:

CP":u7njnhc1 said:
Tsk, tsk, tsk. Personal attacks do not even belong in the rubber room as I understand it, although that policy is unevenly enforced. So why is it allowed here and the thread not deleted? I gave some negative feedback about a pipecarver who is currently selling to our members and my simple post was deleted. So much for protecting the members.
CP":u7njnhc1 said:
PD, your constant attacks and criticisms of my posts are proof positive of my claims of bias, intolerance, and lack of brotherhood. My earlier post about this was just deleted. That is two now by one of the moderators, but your insulting post remains. More proof. You are the one doing the name calling, not I. Maybe you need a jerkoff to release some tension.

Honest negative feedback about a carver is allowed on every pipe forum but this one it seems. I stated mere facts for the buyers to beware. That is considered a duty in many pipe circles.
CP,

Some of my posts outside of the Rubber Room get yanked from time to time. It ain't no big deal!

In any situation that a group of human beings are involved there is going to be bias, favoritism, elitism.......what ever you want to call it. Take it with a grain of salt and keep on truck'n!

Some are going to hang around for the whole shoot'n match and some are going to duck in from time to time just to stir the pot and then duck out as quickly as they came once they get their jollies.

It's human nature and life in general! Take it for what it is worth. Like the old cob smoking lady in "Outlaw Josey Wales" said.........."It ain't worth doodley squat!"

Josey Wales said......"In Louisiana they got a hay ride, here is Missouri we got what we call a Missouri boat ride"!

:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

That is an awesome pipe... you'd think Dock was a car salesman or something using tactics like that. :lol: