Forum on mobile devices issue

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SourMilk

Reaction score
Hey, anybody else having weird issues while visiting the forum on mobile devices? Particularly iPhones (I’m using a 6).

It started last week with the board loading into its mobile version and not desktop layout. It had never done that before and I haven’t upgraded iOS. Not sure what’s changed.

Also, as of two days ago, I have to log in nearly every time I visit on mobile instead of remembering my PW and auto logging in.

I checked board preferences and didn’t see anything that might be causing this and no other site I visit regularly is having issues so I think Safari is okay.

Hope this is the right place to post this.

I use an iPad for everything. No trouble with having to log in every time but the back and forth between classic and Mobil site presentation is an ongoing nightmare. But it’s not just BoB. I’m having the same trouble with several other sites. So it can’t be the BoB site.

Right after I posted I visited 4noggins and that loaded into mobile layout too. That has been the first page other then BoB for me is in the last week or so.

Maybe it’s just an iOS thing since you’re having the same layout problem using your iPad.

I haven’t upgraded to 12 yet. Maybe I’ll do that tonight and see if it makes a difference.

D.L.Ruth":2go9xbla said:
Sometimes mine will open in the mobile version, but have not had an issue with the auto sign in.
I'm using Android phone and kindle tablet, the mobile site pops up sometimes on both

D.L.Ruth":2kr2a5s7 said:
D.L.Ruth":2kr2a5s7 said:
Sometimes mine will open in the mobile version, but have not had an issue with the auto sign in.
I'm using Android phone and kindle tablet, the mobile site pops up sometimes on both
Using Chrome, right?

I was gonna try and install that and see if another browser would behave better but it seems both major platforms are affected.

SourMilk":6nfmqjdr said:
Right after I posted I visited 4noggins and that loaded into mobile layout too. That has been the first page other then BoB for me is in the last week or so.

Maybe it’s just an iOS thing since you’re having the same layout problem using your iPad.

I haven’t upgraded to 12 yet. Maybe I’ll do that tonight and see if it makes a difference.
It started happening after I upgraded tom12. But I think that’s just coincidence.

Yes. Happening to me pretty much every time I access the site, so you’re not alone. My guess would be that it’s something with the iOS version as I updated to v12 (16A366) just recently, seems to have started since the update

Same thing with Android Marshmallow and Kit-Kat. Just recently too. I thought my devices were just being cranky. Maybe new browser defaults? Mobile sites tend to be less resource hungry.

My iPad keeps shooting me back to the app version. It’s very Cold looking, huh?

I’m having the same issue as above on my phone and tablet which run on different operating systems. Also when I sign it it says it’s an unsecured log in.

Just wanted to let you know

So most if not all versions of all IOS platforms are having the very same symptoms. Apple AND Android. So it’s not the specific IOS.

So if it’s universal and not due to the device’s software...where is it coming from?

Are you guys experiencing the same thing when going to other sites?

I've been getting pushed into the mobile site for about the last month. It started for me when I stopped logging out so I wouldn't miss notifications on the bombing thread. Intrresting to me is that I've been able to stay logged in this long. It used to log me out after 2 days.

Jim

Do you login with Google on topic it? I am suspecting that Google invalidates the OAUTH token and that causes me to constantly re-login every two days

Sent from Topic'it App

GeoffC":imgbqhfr said:
Do you login with Google on topic it?  I am suspecting that Google invalidates the OAUTH token and that causes me to constantly re-login every two days

Sent from Topic'it App
I use Chrome on my phone and Silk Browser on my knidle. Get the mobile site more often on my kindle but never have to re-login on either