Forum on mobile devices issue

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use my iPad with Chrome and don’t ever have to log in unless Inturn the iPad off.

Currently I get pushed into a Mobile BoB site format about 20% of the time I open the site.

—————-

I think the problem with getting automatically sent to the mobile format has to do somehow with the evil TopicIt app.

I am still bugged by the “topic it” app. It apparently loaded itself onto the BoB connection and I can’t get rid of it. About half of the time I open the BoB site it shows up as a banner across the top of the page andvInhave to manually close it.

Anybody know how to get rid of it?

The Topic'it app is an option. It is turned on for our forum. I did not turn it on, but perhaps Jason did. Or it became "on" by the guys at Forumotion. I know nothing about it. But I can try switching it off and see what happens.

Know this: This is a test. It is only a test. Had this been an actual emergency, you would have been instructed on what to do in the emergency. This is only a test.

:lol: I could not resist.

Anywho, I will change the setting and you guys play today. This evening at some point in my travels, I will check in and look outside the Vault. If all is well, we can let it stay off. I'll check in with Jason at some point. But I am time limited today. That will all become clear later.

Also, it says that the Smart App Banner can easily be hidden by clicking on the cross.

This Topic'it app is supposed to help people find our forum somehow. I know nothing more than that.

Let me know what happens. I can always turn it back on.

I know the banner can be hidden by clicking on the x. I just don’t want software forcibly loaded onto me without my permission. I also don’t like that we are loading apps or whatever onto member’s systems when they log onto our site...with no choice on their part...and no notice. In today’s world of Trojan horses and evil intrusive software I just don’t like it.

On my iPad...

Now that Topic It is apparently turned off the banner is not showing up when I go onto the site. Thank you so much.

The Topic It version of the BoB graphic icon is still showing in the most used sites thing when I bring up Chrome.