Fourty Years..Smoking

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puffy

Reaction score
As this year comes to a close so does for me fourty years of pipe smoking.That's a lot of time to make mistakes,and I've made my share of them.Part of them were just due to the fact that before the internet not much information was available to me.All I had to go on was what someone in a smoke shop told me.Some of the results weren't all that great.I used to buy cheap pipes because I thought they looked cool (about 200) of them.They usually smoked any thing but cool.I went through two or three hundred fruit,and or alcohol flavored tobaccos not really liking any of them all that much..Then about fifteen years ago a fella sold me a Castello,and gave me a bowl of a Latakia blend to smoke in it.That's when I realized what pipe smoking for me is really about...A few other things that I've come to believe over the years..It's better to have a few quality smoking pipes Than a lot of cool looking hot smoking ones.The shape of pipes matter.Personally I prefer pipes that are no more than half bent.I don't care a lot for tapered bowls.I've come to choose particulat types of tobacco blends and eleminate ones that I feel I wouldn't like.I should have come to these understandings years before I did.I would have saved lots of bucks.That's water under the bridge now though...What does the fact that you've been smoking pipes for fourty years mean? It means that you're...OLD... That's what it means.

NC interesting post....I wonder how many of us would have started out the same way if it wasnt for the internet.. :cheers: Next bowl smoked to your 40th and many more.

That's how I started out nine years ago this September--used to always resist using computers. Now I fool around on the Internet every day. It's a wonder some of us made it to one year.

Happy 40th, NC.

What a journey.. Sounds like you lived the life some wish they could.. And now your 40th year smoking and found a comfort zone.. Congrats.. Many more to come..And stories also I hope.. :cheers:

NCguy-- congrats on 40 years, that is something. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and posting!

It's inspiring that your experience forty years ago sounds so similar to mine recently. Even with the internet, it was rough going at first, but I guess it's testament to the allure of the pipe that one would just keep at it!

It's an exciting time to be living in, sharing accumulated knowledge instantly,worldwide. Many of us would love to hear more detailed adventures of yours, so feel free to share them with us.

Forgot to ask....what was special about the Castello? Why was it so much better than all the others?

It's always good to hear that someone has found that place of contentment where they know what makes them happy and don't need anything else. Congratulations on forty years of accumulated wisdom. I salute you.