Frog Morton Across the Pond; first impressions...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaltwaterCowboy

Reaction score
I don't know much about pipes, or tobacco, or the intricate differences between aromatics, latakias, burleys and the likes...(that's why I'm here) but I now see exactly why everyone loves FMATP so much!

Like I mentioned in a different thread, the aroma in the tin just isn't pleasant to some people. First impressions after cracking the can open were slightly par for the course, I wasn't wild about it. In fact, I wasn't even sure I was going to break in my new Kriswill pipe with it, but I'm not one to beat around the bush.

I've never, ever, had a tobacco blend taste just as good on the 2nd and 3rd relights as it did on the first. Wow!!! Hey, I only had my bowl 1/4 full for the first time breaking it in and didn't pack it tight enough... it fit the bill for the night. 8)

Aside from the frigid 59*F temperature outside, this was an amazing encounter. No tongue bite, no strange and mysterious aftertaste like these 2 oz of local FL tobacconist's blends, just... hell I can't even put it into words, it was just some damn good stuff, and that's my take on FMATP.

So it's 0100ish local time, I feel like my mind was blown and I can now claim a tobacco other than Boswell's... a huge thank you to those who recommended this stuff!!